Author Topic: agility 125 CDI mod  (Read 11420 times)

ABslt

• View Profile
Re: agility 125 CDI mod
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2010, 09:52:44 PM »
Sorry to hijack but is my 09 agilty the gy6 motor and any one have a link or where to find the 2000 springs from

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2010, 09:30:58 PM »
Sorry to hijack but is my 09 agilty the gy6 motor and any one have a link or where to find the 2000 springs from

..scooter assassins....scootertronics...malossiusaonline...

..dude, if you find one, and install it, please post the results....

;D
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

mw121

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2010, 11:56:53 AM »
Hi Guys and Girls,

Just bought a '06 Agility with 6k on the clock pretty smashed up but with 8 months rego. Paid $600 so was really stoked. Mechanically seems really good. All I wanted was a cheap run around as I have bigger bikes for longer rides. Love the ease of use and practicality of the scooter so far.

Did an engine and gear oil change. Also changed the spark plug.

Have hardly had the chance to ride it much but am really enjoying it at the moment.

I have bought an air filter and jet kit, 11g rollers and 2k spring, and a "racing" cdi with no rev limit and advanced timing. From what I have heard I should get a really good response from this. Now I just need to wait for it all to arrive and take my time to work out how to install it all with the dodgy service manual and lack of knowledge.

I will post up my results once I have installed.

If anyone else has done any of the above mods I have read a little about it in the above posts if they could please elaborate a lot about installation and results that would be really good. I will post up quite detailed what I find with my mods.

Thanks,

Marcus

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2010, 04:12:42 PM »
Hi mw121! Which agility is it? If it is a 50cc 4t, you will need lighter rollers. 5-6 gram is best! What brand is the CDI?
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

mw121

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2010, 10:02:02 PM »
Hi,

I have a 125cc and they are 14g stock aren't they?

Does anyone know of anyone that has a 125cc agility with a blown motor that they would like to sell their fairings?

Some of the fairings are past repair stage.

Also, the cdi is brand "kchung" according to the photo. It's a cheap and nasty ebay buy but for a $600 scooter it was much cheaper and easier. I always have the stock cdi incase it doesn't work well and negative feedback on ebay to get a replacement from them.

Thanks,

Marcus
« Last Edit: May 13, 2010, 10:04:28 PM by mw121 »

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2010, 10:57:36 PM »
...sounds like your installing a pretty good setup...

..dunno about the cdi, but your stock should be ok if the other doesn't work out for you...

post back!!!!

mw121

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2010, 11:15:32 PM »
I will do.

I'm in Australia so it takes forever for it to all arrive which is annoying.

I checked the original plugs compared to the one I have bought and it was the same. The only issue is whether the new CDI works in general but we will soon see.

Anyone else waiting on parts and can give an update?

Cheers
« Last Edit: May 13, 2010, 11:20:20 PM by mw121 »

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2010, 11:22:57 PM »
Sounds like you got it covered mw121. The 11 gr. rollers will sure pep it up for you. The only cdi's I know of  that really do something different than stock cost over $300.00. You can put an inductive timing light on the engine, and map out your cdi w/ a marker. Idle/mid range/wot should give you the basics. Comparing the two would help some others here that may want to try the same swap. If you really have the "bug" for an improved timing map, Suitai, Taiwan will program a factory cdi for you to any settings you want, and at the dealer cost for the stock unit. Let us know how you make out! Ps. try looking under any of the used scooter parts dealers on ebay for the plastics. Contact lots of the Seller's Stores. I found many of them are salvage yards that part out what they get.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2010, 11:29:27 PM »
..i remember seeing A125s with 11.5 gr rollers...

..don't remember anything lower...please, guys correct me if i'm wrong...

..be interested in seeing how that works out...

mw121

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2010, 04:49:32 AM »
Yeh good idea for the fairings.

I repaired the cracks on the front mud guard and the light surround. It doesn't look very good yet but at least it is strong. I just sprayed a quick matte black for now until I have some more time to sand back properly.

Am eagerly awaiting my parts.

Thanks

mw121

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2010, 07:15:33 AM »
Ok quick update.

Installed the rollers and springs but hit a snag when the nut and thread to hold the clutch and large spring was completely threaded. I'm surprised it stayed on there in the first place. I got a whole new clutch assembly for $75 so pretty stoked with that. Delivery will be tomorrow afternoon.

I also got the filter and jet kit but haven't been game enough to install yet. Will update once done.

Will ride after springs and rollers tomorrow hopefully and update properly. Hoping to be popping wheelies before I know it.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2010, 08:46:30 PM »
...we'll be waitin'!!!

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()