Author Topic: Upgrade path for agility 126  (Read 14236 times)

topaz6turbo

• View Profile
Re: Upgrade path for agility 126
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2009, 02:49:08 AM »
I was going to start jetting, but my Big Bore kit comes with jets and a starting range, so figured I would wait in the short term until the goods all arrive and save doing it twice. This will be used daily in the warmer weather so I want to get it right. I love the sound and reckon when its a bit bigger in capacity it should get deeper sounding as well! How many have changed there camshaft in the four stroke Kymcos? I reckon thats when the tuning will be a real pain in the ass. I love the sound of a big cam, and I reckon on a scooter it should turn some heads while offering a good midrange upgrade.
Be good,
Andrew

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2009, 06:18:28 AM »
I believe this may be a good source for a cam.http://books.google.com/books?id=G0lYoRq7SusC&pg=PT232&lpg=PT232&dq=M676458&source=bl&ots=lqbKDa09db&sig=8e8H4bBI6rp_51iadLGpBzc0A3o&hl=en&ei=OCESS88djrW2B--M6KwJ&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=4&ved=0CA4Q6AEwAw#v=onepage&q=M676458&f=false  These guys seem to have EVERYTHING. In case the link doesn't work due to translation you can find it at SIP scooter catalog. Yeah the best bet is to get ALL your ducks in a row before spending alot of time/money on fixing things that aren't broke. My advise to you is add 1 piece at a time UNLESS you KNOW what the result will be. That's why I drill jets vs. buy jets. Keep posting!
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2009, 06:26:37 AM »
Hey on a PS. I run a 2t 70cc engine REAL rich on the bottom end, and it does turn heads when it starts to SCREAM.... Sorta like a "cammed out" 4t.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

topaz6turbo

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2010, 02:52:34 AM »
Great news!!! New years day here and I thought I might slip the new Dr Pulley weights into my scooter. Rather than hook up the compressor and drag it all out I tried to shortcut by jamming a screwdriver into the fins and guess what, snapped a fin off! Anyone here in Oz got one they can express post or any thoughts what to do? I gather repairing is out due to balance issues, so without spending up on a flash new one, what are my options? God Im pissed off, at it breaking and my ignorance!!!
Andrew

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2010, 03:22:11 AM »
You might try some JB Weld in a pinch.  I would still look into getting a replacement, but it will probably work in the mean time.  If nothing else save you the express shipping charge!

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2010, 03:41:13 AM »
In a pinch you can run w/out the fan. just replace it with washers to take up the space. Or I know it may sound redneck, but grind the break down flush, and do the same 180 degrees opposite. That fan doesn't do much anyway in a sealed environment. Don't sweat it Bro! Happy New Year!

topaz6turbo

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2010, 04:06:50 AM »
Ok thanks. Im going to weld it in the short term, and am looking to upgrade now as I have briken this, but want it on the road in the good weather. Who is running what in the way of after market? Malossi? Dr Pulley? Cheapy tiawanese copies? Any advice?
Again Thanks,
Andrew

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2010, 06:38:53 AM »
DUDE, DO NOT SPEND A PENNY ON BARGIN BRANDS!!!!>>>>>?????>>>>> EVER!!! I have ALL Malossi in my zx/ superfever. I recently found my final drive gears are Polini. I ride EVERY day, and the ONLY time I have had trouble is with Ebay parts. The biggest diff. in COPY parts is the materials used. A Malossi clutch bell is hardened steel vs. stamped stock steel from the "bargin" dealers. Springs can be painted ANY color, but it does not mean they are "spring steel". Save the few dollars up, and buy the BEST parts. If you buy cheepos you might as well have saved your money on the scoot and bought a Chinese knock off that will run like a bat out of hell for 2-3 hundred miles, and fall apart. Try to stick to one major brand, and you will have a "tuned" scoot that will last. There is a reason some manuf. have a "rep", and others copy. Save a few bucks now, and put your scoot in the shed SOON. Keep looking around, and you will see the people that have RUNNING scoots have spent a few extra dollars on parts. The ones that have "saved" money are not running.

topaz6turbo

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2010, 03:18:57 AM »
Rodger. Noted and adhered too! Now goddamn it, I ordered 11g Dr Pulley sliders for my scoot. Guess what arrives? 10G. Oh well, maybe thats what I should have ordered in the first place. Just fitted them up and it screams to 80kmh and then, much like an old automatic V8 gearbox it seems to drop into overdrive. Its a very pronounced "groan" so to speak as it seems to lock up properly and then grunts away to 100kmh without a whimper. Is it too light on the sliders, and should I step up to the 11g as first requested? Im concerned it might be slipping down low and then loading up too much as it drops into overdrive in the top end. Any thoughts?
Thanks
Holty

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2010, 07:30:09 AM »
It sounds to me more like you are peaking in the power band, and running out of umph!. You could extend that power by going even lighter on the sliders. Going heavier will give you an even longer time in that groan state. You may want to do a "plug chop" with a new plug after about a 1 mile run in that groan zone just to see how your mix is doing in that range. Shaka had a good suggestion of either buying a mixed kit of rollers to dial in the best set up, or cheap rollers to use until you find the right set up. Then get the correct sliders.

topaz6turbo

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2010, 10:22:54 AM »
Heres a question. What if I fit 3 x dr pulley sliders and 3 x factory weights? What would happen then? Would I get best of both worlds or will it rattle itself to peices?
Holty

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2010, 03:57:53 PM »
Heres a question. What if I fit 3 x dr pulley sliders and 3 x factory weights? What would happen then? Would I get best of both worlds or will it rattle itself to pieces?
Holty
I'm not sure.  I think that the worst that may happen in you prematurely wear your sliders.  The sliders don't seem to wear on the top very quickly, due to their shape.  They may end up holding all the weight and wear down to match up with the rollers.  You could always give it a try, might just cost you a new set of sliders and/or rollers.  My personal recommendation is to stick with a full compliment of one type.  This seems to always give the best performance as well as longevity.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2010, 05:07:27 AM »
I believe shaka is right. The sliders will self destruct while the rollers rattle around. Three of anything in the multivar is a bad idea.

topaz6turbo

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2010, 07:00:30 AM »
Well, I have just ordered a Dr Pulley Variator. Has anyone tried one of the units from Italy that has all the different style balls in it? It seems in principle a good idea, but wondering if anyones had a go at one yet?
Holty

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2010, 02:50:09 PM »
I've seen those, I think J. Costa, or something like that makes them.  I saw a cool youtube video on how it works.  Also someone mentioned it on the Scooter Invasion site, I don't think anyone has actually used it though.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()