Author Topic: Fuel Injector Types  (Read 1795 times)

agilebda

• View Profile
Fuel Injector Types
« on: April 10, 2020, 09:58:09 PM »
Hello hope all is staying well and safe. I have a question. I purchased a new injector for my GTI 300 and I received something totally different from my old one. The older one has a larger neck with 4 holes and the new injector has a smaller neck which fits into the manifold with many more holes. Does the ABS version of the GTI 300 have a different injector?

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
Re: Fuel Injector Types
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2020, 12:15:17 AM »
Why do you need a new injector?
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

agilebda

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2020, 02:22:37 AM »
Building a 300. Got a motor from a wrecked scoot but never received the injector.

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2020, 10:57:28 AM »
Ah! This one you received the right part number? Does it fit?

I really don't know the answer! But I will listen and learn!
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

agilebda

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2021, 10:17:48 PM »
Hey guys, just thought I'd resurrect this post. The injector I received is smaller in size. Looks like 10 hole injector. The electrical socket is totally different as well. Must be the new ABS style harness and injector. What do you all think? Hard to find the old NON ABS model injector.

Iahawk

• Eastern Iowa, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2021, 11:33:56 PM »
I guess you lost me...why would there be any difference in the fuel injector between an ABS equipped scooter and a non ABS? That doesn't make any sense.
2010 People S200 - sold after 8 wonderful years!
2014 Ninja 300
1996 Honda Helix
1984 Honda Nighthawk 650 - work in progress

agilebda

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2021, 01:03:31 AM »
The harness and ECU are different on the ABS Model and NON ABS model as well. Beats me, don't make sense to me as well but this is the reality of it. Perhaps the injectors and or fuel body are different as well. All I'm saying is that my 2012 GTI 300 injector has a larger neck going into the fuel intake manifold where as the new injector they sent me (in my last post) is a heck of a lot smaller than my older injector. Although the numbers are the same (39300-LDF2-M90) there's a difference somewhere which I'm trying to make sense of.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2021, 01:19:10 AM by agilebda »

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2021, 03:15:18 PM »
The harness and ECU are different on the ABS Model and NON ABS model as well. Beats me, don't make sense to me as well but this is the reality of it. Perhaps the injectors and or fuel body are different as well. All I'm saying is that my 2012 GTI 300 injector has a larger neck going into the fuel intake manifold where as the new injector they sent me (in my last post) is a heck of a lot smaller than my older injector. Although the numbers are the same (39300-LDF2-M90) there's a difference somewhere which I'm trying to make sense of.

Some scooters have ABS, while another from the same model year do not. Generally about $500 more for the ABS model.
I'm guessing you have an injector for a scooter from a different model year.....hence fitment differences.

Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Ruffus

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2021, 11:04:18 AM »
@agilebda,
could there only be this rubber gasket missing to correct size for fitting at the injection port?
Happy and safe scootering, Ruffus

agilebda

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2021, 01:27:23 PM »
@agilebda,
could there only be this rubber gasket missing to correct size for fitting at the injection port?

I wanted to say the same as well. Til i compared the old injector with the new style one. Same part number. Beats me!

Ruffus

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2021, 07:05:12 PM »
Yes, compared and seen..
Sorry , was your newly arrived plasticbag open or OEM sealed, just as one possibility it might have been mispacked or mis-repacked?

agilebda

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2021, 10:02:51 PM »
It was all sealed up. Its actually the second injector I've purchased over 2 years and the same arrived. All good though. I managed to find an entire used throttle body with injector on ebay for 100 bucks.

I just want to make everyone aware that if you ever have to purchase in the future, you'll know what to look out for. I should drop Kymco USA an email to make them aware.

Ruffus

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2021, 10:02:45 AM »
Good to know there are completly diff. types same labeled around.
Congrats to your EBAY find.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()