Author Topic: what kind of bulb  (Read 2476 times)

ambercaroline

• View Profile
what kind of bulb
« on: September 04, 2011, 09:36:17 PM »
Hi, I have a kymco super 8 50cc.  The headlights have been going in and out, and now completely quit working. To be honest I am not even sure if whats wrong with it is in fact the bulbs.  But that is what I am going to try first, as I am pretty sure that's the problem.  Could anyone tell me what kind of bulb the headlights take? 

Thanks,
Amber

thebatman

• The Bat lives on... like the fkn Energizer Bunny
    • View Profile
Re: what kind of bulb
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2011, 11:06:42 AM »
Hey there.. welcome to the forum.. Your bulb should have a BA20D base. You'll need to go to a scooter shop or order it online. The "parts house" won't have these bulbs.. I may have an extra or 2 laying around if needed. Hope this helps...
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:
"A goal without a plan is just a dream"......

ambercaroline

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2011, 02:00:31 PM »
Will the bulb have a wire coming out of it, or is it like a slip in.  I called the shop I bought it at and they want $15 for each bulb lol, I already bought the wrong ones off the internet.

jezyg

• Agility 50 2011 and SEAT Leon FR TSi 211
    • View Profile
    • UK Police Books
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2011, 08:48:39 PM »
Hi, I have a kymco super 8 50cc.  The headlights have been going in and out, and now completely quit working. To be honest I am not even sure if whats wrong with it is in fact the bulbs.  But that is what I am going to try first, as I am pretty sure that's the problem.  Could anyone tell me what kind of bulb the headlights take? 

Thanks,
Amber

Sounds like it could be the bulb holder itself as it gets hot the contacts are pulling away and causing the bulb to go out. In severe cases it can arc and actually melt the bulb holder. If under warranty get it looked at, but worth checking before replacing the bulb. If a bulb do a search on ebay for BA20D bulbs and you can pick up some pretty decent ones for £3-£4.
2011 Agility 50
2011 SEAT Leon FR TSi 211
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Policebooks

scootergrisen

• View Profile
    • scootergrisen
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2011, 10:18:37 PM »
Just take out the bulbs, look at them to check if they are broke and take them to a scooter shop to buy new ones if they are.

On my Super 8 4 stroke if one of the bulb are not working the other one will also turn off.

Does the long light work ?

This is one of the bulbs from my scooter. Its called 12 Volt 35/35 Watt HS1. Yours might be different.

In this bulb the wire is broke.

You need to remove the front cover over the bulbs and get your hand inside behind the bulbs to remove them... its tricky.
When handling the bulbs dont touch the bulbs glass with your fingers.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()