Author Topic: 2016 Super8 50x 4 stroke derestriction problems  (Read 725 times)

AKL_HBG

• 2016 Super 8 50x
    • View Profile
2016 Super8 50x 4 stroke derestriction problems
« on: May 15, 2018, 01:40:09 AM »
Hello all,

I'm new here as you see so here goes:

I just purchased a new old stock 2016 Super 8 50x, 4 stroke from a local dealer.  Prior to delivery I requested that it be derestricted and that sliders also be installed.  The dealer did what I requested and delivered the scooter to me.  The following is what he did to derestrict the scooter: (Removed spacer/installed a unrestricted CDI/rejected the carb and removed the intake restrictor)

I immediately test rode it that day and found that it was difficult to start, ran very rough, stalled on me at stop signs and seemed very sluggish.  He took it back, worked on it and delivered it back to me in a week.  In the next two days I put 60 miles on the scooter test driving it.  The scooter ran great BUT it was slow (33 MPH) on flats with no wind and with great conditions. Steep Hills I got 15 MPH!  It seemed that when I hit (33 MPH - GPS verified) the scooter did not rev any higher.  I also have a Chinese Ice bear 50cc scooter and that thing runs 10 MPH faster than this new Kymco!  So to say the least I am very upset at it's performance.

So when I got back home I decided to check the CDI.  I'm not very mechanically inclined, but the CDI was an easy task.  When I checked I saw that the dealer had reinstalled the OEM Kymco CDI!!! So that answered my question on the rev limit.  I spoke to the dealer and he admitted that he reinstalled the original OEM CDI back in because it ran a lot better than with the unrestricted CDI.  I won't go on about the dealer, but I'm still in the process of dealing with this issue.

Sorry for the long delivery but I wanted to include all that was done beforehand.  I purchased a new CDI in hopes that it would help me gain more power/speed.  I purchased a Naraku Racing CDI (part #NK390.30) that is supposed to me compatible with my Kymco Super 8 50cc 4 stroke.  I just installed it this evening and it made my scooter go SLOWER!  Take off was crazy slow and top speed was around 25 MPH on flats. WTH!

So my question is this:  Is there a CDI (8 pin one plug) unrestricted CDI for my scooter that will work properly?  I saw one on Ebay that was unrestricted for the Kymco Super 8 4 stroke, but for the year 09/10 models only.  Will this one work for my 2016 Super8 50x model???

Thanks for any help in advance!

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()