Author Topic: Install a top case on Kymco 9?  (Read 4040 times)

lpkocev

• View Profile
Install a top case on Kymco 9?
« on: May 29, 2015, 06:19:39 PM »
Hey guys, I am a new Kymco Super 9 owner, and I think of installing a top case on my scooter. I wonder though, is it possible to install a case or a delivery box in this situation, or I need special rails (you can see on the photo) 

[img=http://s13.postimg.org/3rxpvcdo3/11297912_906576719404109_263310868_n.jpg]

Thank you :)
« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 06:22:06 PM by lpkocev »

TheAmishSasquatch

• View Profile
Re: Install a top case on Kymco 9?
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2015, 12:47:54 PM »
I have a GIVI E30 Monolock case for mine. Its removable and in excellent condition (nearly new). I'm actually planning to offer it for sale as I dont use it very often. GIVI to my knowledge makes some of the best cases.  I dont have the rear wing thing that comrs stock on the S9, so If you wanted to buy the case w/mounting rack-base, I would have to have your stock wing as part of the deal. Or Ill sell just the case and youd have to order your own base rack. This is an open offer to anyone reading this.

PS I prefer a blue wing (my scoot is the yellow & blue model)
« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 12:52:54 PM by TheAmishSasquatch »

wildwildip

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2016, 03:35:56 AM »
I'm going to bump this because I am thinking about buying a super9 LC.

Can a top box fit these bikes?

Triesandluth

• Getting it, a mile per hour at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2016, 07:22:53 PM »
I had a cheap top box and the mounting holes wouldn't line up without some drilling. I have seen another s9lc with a base plate on it. I didn't get to see it up close so I'm not sure the method used.
Anything is possible with the right tools and determination!

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Almost...at...speed...limit... Aww, brake lights..

TheAmishSasquatch

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2016, 08:49:54 PM »
Mine had a Givi base and removable top case. As soon as I can get a new "wing" I'll sell mine off here or eBay, as my bike was missing it's wing when I bought it.

Triesandluth

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2016, 10:22:28 AM »
Mine had a Givi base and removable top case. As soon as I can get a new "wing" I'll sell mine off here or eBay, as my bike was missing it's wing when I bought it.
That Dracula guy on the other forum might have one, he has two basically parts s9s

wildwildip

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2016, 07:43:00 PM »
That Dracula guy on the other forum might have one, he has two basically parts s9s

Do you have a photo of how the base attached to the scooter?

Triesandluth

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2016, 11:59:58 AM »
Do you have a photo of how the base attached to the scooter?
No, it was a scooter I was following on craigslist for a while. Unless You're talking about something else.
 @theamishsasquatch might though.

gctkaz

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2018, 08:24:11 PM »
Rise from your grave!

I finally got a case on my scooter, after looking around a lot for a pre-fab rack, with no luck.

So I just took one of our used Ikea cutting boards from the kitchen, and drilled a few holes into it to take the place of the useless "wing" thing.

Bolted in using M6 bolts (can't remember length though, but I think around 35mm) with some nylon spacers and washers. The Givi/Kappa plate is bolted in with 4 countersunk M6 bolts from the bottom, and nylon insert nuts from the top. It works well, but the cutting board flexes quite a bit, so if I feel spendy I can replace it with something more rigid. But this altogether only cost me a few dollars in pocket change.

I didn't bother cutting or shaping the board at all - I can grab the hole in the board for pushing the scooter, and one other detail I didn't mention is that I also put two additional long bolts that protrude out the bottom - these I can use as attachment points for bungees if I need.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2018, 08:27:18 PM by gctkaz »

gctkaz

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2019, 09:07:31 PM »
After many bumpy rides, my cutting board luggage rack finally broke on a trip to Costco. Luckily, it was while I was attempting to secure a very large load to it rather than during the ride home.

I ordered a 12"x12" 0.25" 6061 aluminum plate, and cut the holes in the same place, with two extra holes for bolts to use as bungee hooking points. It's much sturdier this time!

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()