Author Topic: 02 Kymco ZX50 Super Fever No Spark  (Read 4111 times)

MJR

• View Profile
Re: 02 Kymco ZX50 Super Fever No Spark
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2016, 04:00:24 PM »
      Thanks for the link...I have that manual and seen the list of possible issues...What I notice with that list...It does not have the Run/Kill switch on that list...In fact, the manual doesn't have a wiring diagram for the switch or the bike itself in it...Yet, the switch can prevent a Non Spark issue...I want to by-pass this switch so it provides spark whenever the key is turned on but I can't seem to find what color wires run the switch...I need to figure out how to get the plastic off the handle bar so I can get to the switch...I thought that one of the bigger connectors up front has the switch wire in it...but not knowing which wires run to the switch...I can't jump the wires there...but getting the top plastic off the bars is stopping me from getting to the switch...Like they say...If its not one thing...it's another...If anyone can help me getting the plastic off the handle bars so I can get to the switch or knows another way to by-pass the Run/Kill switch at a another connection or what color the switch wires are...Please share...Once I find out if its the Run/Kill switch that is prevent spark at the plug...I'll order a new one or install a toggle switch somewhere...Thanks All

That's probably because the country that manual is for doesn't require a kill switch. Each market it's sold in can have different equipment requirements. It's kinda like my MyRoad 700i that shows a light switch used in other markets where here in the US they are required to be on with the key at all times so I don't have that switch.

The Kill switch should just interrupt power to the CDI box I would imagine. All testing would be easiest at the CDI box since it's where all the wires meet. From what I've skimmed over it appears the CDI boxes might be prone to failure.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 04:25:29 PM by MJR »
'03 Clipper Yellow Honda Reflex
'03 Coast Cyan Atlantic 500
'14 White MyRoad 700i
'09 Mirage White Burgman 650
'06 Oort Gray Burgman 650 project
'05 Sonic Silver Burgman 650 project
'03 Space Blue Burgman 650, rebuilt/upgraded CVT w/Polish adapter
'03 Space Blue Burgman 650 parts bike

madhatter4119

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2016, 11:11:36 PM »

Its from the testing I did at the CDI on the black/white wire on the two prong CDI
connector, which I believe is to the Run/Kill switch, is why I want to by-pass the Run/Kill switch...the reading indicated that the switch might be bad...not being good at doing
these test...by-passing the Run/Kill switch at this point will tell me if it is the switch or i
need to keep testing other parts...If anyone knows of a way for me to by-pass the Run/Kill switch on a Kymco ZX50 Super Fever....Please let me know ASAP...Thanks

MJR

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2016, 11:36:55 PM »
Stupid question but are there any fuses? It could be the switch or power to it. Best to get at the switch and test for power to it (test light).
'14 White MyRoad 700i

MJR

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2016, 11:51:26 PM »
On the wiring diagram it shows a 7 amp fuse near the battery.
'14 White MyRoad 700i

madhatter4119

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2016, 03:55:42 PM »

Hi MJR...Where can I find a copy of that wiring diagram...Can you tell if the Run/Kill
switch wires on the handle bars run down to a bigger connection up front near the R/R
...I can get that big plastic cover off...Getting the plastic off from around the handle
bars is giving me trouble...I assume the Run/Kill switch wires run down the front and
plug into the scooters harness...If I can figure out what 2 wires I need to put a jumper
wire on at some other connection...I can leave the plastic on the bars alone and see if I
get spark at the plug...Thanks

MJR

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2016, 06:22:32 PM »
    Hi MJR...Where can I find a copy of that wiring diagram...Can you tell if the Run/Kill
switch wires on the handle bars run down to a bigger connection up front near the R/R
...I can get that big plastic cover off...Getting the plastic off from around the handle
bars is giving me trouble...I assume the Run/Kill switch wires run down the front and
plug into the scooters harness...If I can figure out what 2 wires I need to put a jumper
wire on at some other connection...I can leave the plastic on the bars alone and see if I
get spark at the plug...Thanks

The only wiring diagram I have is in that service manual link above and as you said doesn't have a kill switch so I'm only guessing as to where in the circuit it might be. It would be best to have the body work off and trace the wires though.
'14 White MyRoad 700i

madhatter4119

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2016, 02:07:48 AM »

Hi...I got the speedo plastic to move enough for me to get to the Run/Kill switch...All that work and it wasn't the switch...crap...I put a jumper on the two wires to the switch
and still no spark. So I broke down and ordered a CDI...Wish me luck...I got a feeling I
will need it...Lol

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()