Author Topic: 2007 People 50 CDI questions  (Read 430 times)

blufx

• View Profile
2007 People 50 CDI questions
« on: September 06, 2015, 12:04:22 PM »
I just got a 2007 People 50cc 2 stroke. In attempting to derestrict the CDI, long story short, I didn't do it right and now I need a new one. I'd like to get an aftermarket without restrictions, but it seems they fit everything but mine. I remember on a page it was said the cobra CDI could be used. I found a great deal on one. The compatible list has the Cobra 50 then a little ways down, the People 50. And in big red letters it states, "not for USA or Canadian models". Does anyone know what the difference is? If they're interchangeable, why doesn't the disclaimer say the same for Cobra?
  I also found a used CDI from the same model year. but the CDI I removed didn't have those green wires. The part numbers are the same. What are the wires for?

Here's a link to the ad I'm asking about: http://www.ebay.com/itm/UNRESTRICTED-CDi-for-KYMCO-Spacer-Yager-Cobra-50cc-People-Super-9-LC-Topboy-/181719400487?hash=item2a4f520027&vxp=mtr#shpCntId
Looking back, when I said I wanted to be somebody, I should have been a lot more specific.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()