Author Topic: any good helmet? any recommendation?  (Read 1303 times)

wikineon

• View Profile
any good helmet? any recommendation?
« on: August 30, 2015, 01:40:01 PM »
any good helmet? any recommendation? I used to use HJC and masei helmet...
any other good ones.. what do you wear now in riding?

AMAC1680

• Outdoorsman, Advocate, Paraplegic
    • View Profile
    • SEGS4VETS
Re: any good helmet? any recommendation?
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2015, 02:14:52 PM »
I love this hat, lots of bang for the buck.
http://www.kabutousa.com/product/avand-ii/solid/flash-yellow

As comfortable and quiet as my Nolan.

AMAC
www.SEGS4VETS.org
2017 Lance Cali Classic 200i
2013 SYM RV200
2013 Kymco Downtown 300
2010 Lance Cali Classic-sold
1973 VW Dune Buggy
1974 VW Meyers Manx

Foxtrot

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2015, 03:28:12 PM »
Terrible way to test your helmet; head to asphalt but the Gmax full face actually saved my life.

PapaSoldTheHarley

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2015, 06:10:57 PM »
Riding home from "Spring Lake Hwy" (up in Brooksville). I had just left the Speedway gas station, used to be Hess, this place is a mega for bikers on Sunday mornings. In the cooler weather there can be as many as four or five hundred bikes stopping there between 9 am and noon... Showing off the new scooter to some cronies that i know that are regulars up there. Teasing 76 year old Chuckie (a five foot three former carnival stunt rider) about his new helmet with two Go Pro mounted cameras (and his remote wristwatch control device). The chat about helmets and cameras on my mind I started to notice the "Unhelmeted" riders on the way home. It was a nice morning, not too hot a bit overcast, perfect to ride in. I spotted maybe five or six dozen riders on the 45 mile trip home. I started counting those without helmets, I was up to the mid-twenties by the time I turned into my subdivision and of those (as best I could tell) were about 90% Harley riders.
I remember bike nights at Quaker State (Wed. night in Clearwater, just South of the Bayside bridge) and other events, those that are helmets are absolutely ten times more likely to be on a HD than not.
Harley should not be proud of this trait... They certainly have had a hand in creating the situation. I think they should do something about it! HD ads that tout the benefits of helmets would save lives, period...

AMAC1680

• Outdoorsman, Advocate, Paraplegic
    • View Profile
    • SEGS4VETS
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2015, 06:17:16 PM »
Riding home from "Spring Lake Hwy" (up in Brooksville). I had just left the Speedway gas station, used to be Hess, this place is a mega for bikers on Sunday mornings. In the cooler weather there can be as many as four or five hundred bikes stopping there between 9 am and noon... Showing off the new scooter to some cronies that i know that are regulars up there. Teasing 76 year old Chuckie (a five foot three former carnival stunt rider) about his new helmet with two Go Pro mounted cameras (and his remote wristwatch control device). The chat about helmets and cameras on my mind I started to notice the "Unhelmeted" riders on the way home. It was a nice morning, not too hot a bit overcast, perfect to ride in. I spotted maybe five or six dozen riders on the 45 mile trip home. I started counting those without helmets, I was up to the mid-twenties by the time I turned into my subdivision and of those (as best I could tell) were about 90% Harley riders.
I remember bike nights at Quaker State (Wed. night in Clearwater, just South of the Bayside bridge) and other events, those that are helmets are absolutely ten times more likely to be on a HD than not.
Harley should not be proud of this trait... They certainly have had a hand in creating the situation. I think they should do something about it! HD ads that tout the benefits of helmets would save lives, period...

Papa I also spent the first 30 years of riding on a black HD and dressed in all black.
Only carried a beanie helmet to make the law happy when needed and the only color on my outfit was blood red.

Now I'm a neon power ranger.
I didn't care if the other riders wear a hat or not.

Fortunatly there are a ton of quality hats at good prices for those that choose to save their noggin.

AMAC
www.SEGS4VETS.org
2017 Lance Cali Classic 200i
2013 SYM RV200
2013 Kymco Downtown 300
2010 Lance Cali Classic-sold
1973 VW Dune Buggy
1974 VW Meyers Manx

GLV55

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2015, 03:39:20 AM »
Terrible way to test your helmet; head to asphalt but the Gmax full face actually saved my life.
I also ride with a G Max helmet. I love that it has a built in light kit you can add to the back of the helmet which syncs to the brakes and lights up when you are stopping. Just another safety feature to be more visible to the cagers.
2014 Lance PCH 150
2007 Kymco People 150 (totaled by a drunk, Oct. 2013)
Nampa, ID

ScooterWolf

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2015, 03:23:59 AM »
I'll second or third the G max. I'm on my third. All were full face component, and my current one has a built in sun visor and a back light with three settings. Great venting with no loss of sounds. 

Never wished any harm to any 2-wheel rider, but hard to respect those who ride without a helmet.

-Wolf

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()