Author Topic: CV3 in US  (Read 662 times)

Derbi913

• View Profile
CV3 in US
« on: August 26, 2023, 01:16:41 AM »
Has anyone seen the CV3 in person?  There is a North Carolina dealer that has one but I would have to wait until I can get up to the Fort Brag area to visit family.  It spark my curiosity when my sister in law said she saw one of the three wheel Kymco in Sanford.  Apparently, it is now available in US. 
Current:
T7
DR650
MXU270 (yard machine and trail rides)
Waiting on DTX360

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Re: CV3 in US
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2023, 08:37:04 PM »
Welcome Derby!
$12K+ ----going to be what?, $14K OTD?
621 lbs!

Wonder how that compares to the Piaggio which has been here for years?
I don't think any Piaggio/Vespa has more than a 1 yr warranty.

This will be interesting.
You either like 'em, or not!

Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

luckykismat86

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2023, 01:18:13 AM »
I purchased olthe green one from there last weekend.  They will not let you test ride until paperwork is almost finished but they are great people.  Out the door in north Carolina taxes, fees and stuff it's a hair over 13k. It's a blast to ride.  Do not recommend starting with the forks locked. Slight out of balance and you will go left or right. I wouldn't mind the tip toe since you can put your feet up.  Battery is under passenger seat.  Highway speeds are no problem 90+ feels like 50.

Has anyone seen the CV3 in person?  There is a North Carolina dealer that has one but I would have to wait until I can get up to the Fort Brag area to visit family.  It spark my curiosity when my sister in law said she saw one of the three wheel Kymco in Sanford.  Apparently, it is now available in US.

Tromper

• Seattlish
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2023, 06:41:11 AM »
Thanks Lucky, kind of an old thread but was just reading the specs and noting it had the same motor as the AK.
SWMBO had an MP3 400 for a bit that I got to ride.  Found it interesting, but wasn't quite the one at the time.
I have not seen one around here.
2008 SYM HD200 "Niwanibiz"
2018 Suzuki Burgman AN650z "Bebaamaadizid"

k9 S200 (Blue) "Max" (Sold)
k8 SYM HD200 "Indigo" (Deceased)
k7 Suzuki Burgman 650 "Ohanzee" (Sold)

Iahawk

• Eastern Iowa, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2023, 01:56:10 PM »
I'd love to see some pictures and read a detailed write up on how it is to ride! Not my thing, either, but all things motorized and on wheels are interesting.
2010 People S200 - sold after 8 wonderful years!
2014 Ninja 300
1996 Honda Helix
1984 Honda Nighthawk 650 - work in progress

JJJoseph

• Kymco Sento
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2023, 08:50:35 AM »
They're used by cops in snow country.  More stable on slippery/icy roads. Think snowmobile on wheels:

dfindley

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2023, 12:26:07 AM »
I purchased olthe green one from there last weekend.  They will not let you test ride until paperwork is almost finished but they are great people.  Out the door in north Carolina taxes, fees and stuff it's a hair over 13k. It's a blast to ride.  Do not recommend starting with the forks locked. Slight out of balance and you will go left or right. I wouldn't mind the tip toe since you can put your feet up.  Battery is under passenger seat.  Highway speeds are no problem 90+ feels like 50.
     This is my first post on this forum so if I format it incorrectly have patience.  Some questions as to your recently purchased CV3.  How tall are you?  I ask because I have heard it can be cramped for taller people.  I am 6 ft.  Would I be cramped?  Did you get the factory luggage i.e. side cases and top case?  What were you riding before your purchase?  I am thinking about getting one.  It would be step down for me machine wise as I am now riding a 2020 BMW S1000XR.  My first bike was a 2009 Yamaha TMax and I still have fond memories of it.  Since then I have owned 2 Spyders and 4 sportbikes, the last 2 being supersports.  I am looking for something more comfortable with a lot of extras and something that handles great in the twisties.  I know there will be a huge difference in engine performance between what I am riding now and the CV3.  Maybe my memories of the TMax are too fond but we'll see.  Your input is most appreciated and please provide an update as to your riding experience to date.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2023, 10:02:24 PM »
     This is my first post on this forum so if I format it incorrectly have patience.  Some questions as to your recently purchased CV3.  How tall are you?  I ask because I have heard it can be cramped for taller people.  I am 6 ft.  Would I be cramped?  Did you get the factory luggage i.e. side cases and top case?  What were you riding before your purchase?  I am thinking about getting one.  It would be step down for me machine wise as I am now riding a 2020 BMW S1000XR.  My first bike was a 2009 Yamaha TMax and I still have fond memories of it.  Since then I have owned 2 Spyders and 4 sportbikes, the last 2 being supersports.  I am looking for something more comfortable with a lot of extras and something that handles great in the twisties.  I know there will be a huge difference in engine performance between what I am riding now and the CV3.  Maybe my memories of the TMax are too fond but we'll see.  Your input is most appreciated and please provide an update as to your riding experience to date.
Hopefully you can sit on the scooter before you order one!?
I'd never buy a bike that I haven't sat on before spending my $
I helped a Vespa dealer unbox my Liberty before writing the check.
It was still strapped onto the wood skid ....but that still enabled me to give a trial sitting🙂
I fit, wrote the check.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

Neil955i

• Cheshire, UK. The older I get, the faster I was...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2023, 12:48:58 PM »

It was still strapped onto the wood skid ....but that still enabled me to give a trial sitting🙂
I fit, wrote the check.
Stig

Understandably an issue when you're built like a brick outhouse!...   ;D
Regards & ride safe,
Neil

Current garage:  Kymco DTX360 & Triumph Street Triple 675R
Past bikes: BSA C15. Honda S/wing (GL500). Kawasaki GPz750. BMW K100RS. Kawasaki GPZ900R. Yamaha FJ1200 x2. Sprint. Triumph Daytona 900. Kawasaki ZX-7R. T595 Daytona. Kawasaki ZX-9R x2. Triumph Daytona 955i. X-Town

randyo

• Farmington, Strafford County, New Hampshire, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2023, 09:16:09 AM »
Hopefully you can sit on the scooter before you order one!?
I'd never buy a bike that I haven't sat on before spending my $
I helped a Vespa dealer unbox my Liberty before writing the check.
I fit, wrote the check.
Stig

I'm that way with gloves, my mits are larger than average 3xl-4xl. One of the few reasons I actually ride up to Laconia during bike week is to visit the glove vendors and paw thru their stock, if yer hands are big like mine, you gotta know what I'm talking about
RandyO
IBA#9560

Ray68motorcycles

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2024, 06:53:13 AM »
I just took delivery of a CV3. I'm in Gardena California. I got it from a North Carolina dealer.

Neil955i

• Cheshire, UK. The older I get, the faster I was...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2024, 08:15:26 AM »
Welcome!  Pictures & ride report please Ray?
Regards & ride safe,
Neil

Current garage:  Kymco DTX360 & Triumph Street Triple 675R
Past bikes: BSA C15. Honda S/wing (GL500). Kawasaki GPz750. BMW K100RS. Kawasaki GPZ900R. Yamaha FJ1200 x2. Sprint. Triumph Daytona 900. Kawasaki ZX-7R. T595 Daytona. Kawasaki ZX-9R x2. Triumph Daytona 955i. X-Town

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 29, 2024, 09:11:39 PM »
I just took delivery of a CV3. I'm in Gardena California. I got it from a North Carolina dealer.
Hello Ray. Welcome to the forum!
Shipping across the country expensive?
Guy in Portland Oregon bought my Burgman....Shipping from Ohio! So. Know it happens.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()