Author Topic: Givi Fitment Rack  (Read 5291 times)

Yager E

• View Profile
Givi Fitment Rack
« on: September 17, 2010, 01:19:31 AM »
Hi guys,

I finally found out which fitment kit is necessary to mount a Givi or other top case on our Yagers. Givi USA was very helpful and responded quickly to my email inquiries. It is the bracket assembly that you would use to place a Givi mounting plate (or probably another company's plate/top trunk), over the small luggage rack that comes on our Yagers (aka Dinks overseas). The Givi part # is SR90. Since this will be a new item coming into the US, Givi is setting the pricing and I am awaiting arrangements to order one from them.  I'll update when I find out more.

Here is the link:  http://www.givi.it/attachfile/content/prodotti_padre/20919/0.0.1.man_sr90.pdf

Elliot

2010 Yager GT 200i
Proud member of the Patriot Guard Riders
Support our Troops!

CapnJ

• View Profile
Re: Givi Fitment Rack
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2010, 11:19:43 AM »
Unfortunately I let the dealer install a top case. What a piece of crap. I had to weld the piece that the case locks onto and epoxy reinforcing strips on so the base wouldn't bend when I tightened it up. At least now it isn't flopping around after a couple of miles. Love the Scoot though.
2 wheels is 2 wheels, But China Ain't Taiwan.

ScooterWolf

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2010, 07:25:34 PM »
The diagram is for a Kymco 2008 125 CC. How different is that from a Kymco 2010 175 cc?

-Wolf

Yager E

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2010, 09:03:38 PM »
The diagram looks exactly like the setup on my 2010 Yager GT 200i. I gave Givi the details of my bike and they responded with that diagram. It looks like the Dinks overseas, even the 125 cc models have the same rear luggage rack and brace. I'm going to order one next week. It will probably take a couple of weeks or so to get it. Once I have it mounted, hopefully with no issues, I'll post a pic of it.

I sent the details to Shad to see what they had also, but the fitment kit diagram they sent was for a Dink Grand Vista which is different. I sent them another email describing the differences in the two luggage racks as they come with the bike and am waiting for their reply. 
Elliot

2010 Yager GT 200i
Support our Troops!

ScooterWolf

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2010, 09:21:17 PM »
Thanks. Let us know how it goes. i'm thinking of getting a topcase myself. I may have to use you as a consultant.

-Wolf

Yager E

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2010, 07:45:00 PM »
Went by my favorite Givi dealer and hangout for lunch, Riders Hill in Dahlonega, GA to order the fitment kit. David, a very experienced Givi guy could not find the part number in his catalogs but will call the rep next week. I gave him the PN, and other stuff I got from Givi.....This saga continues....Stay tuned... 
Elliot

2010 Yager GT 200i
Support our Troops!

neuviemefemme

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2010, 06:02:21 PM »
I am also looking into a top case for my Yager 200i.  I don't suppose I'll actually get one until the spring in hopes there might be winter pre-season deals and it's starting getting cold outside.  Don't know when it will be too cold or snow/ice which will be too much for my riding tastes (?).  When I was searching, I emailed the Shad place for a mount for the Yager and got this reply:

"Herewith you will finde the reference we have for the model Yager 50i but please check it is the same for a 200i. (K0YG58ST)."

Then a month later, today, I searched again and on the KymcoUSA site (http://www.kymcousa.com/access/shad.html), they now have this posted:

KYMCO Mounting Kits
These attachments have been specifically designed for each scooter model, taking into account its particular characteristics. The result is a product that is compact, easy to mount and dismount and boasts an extremely strong epoxy finish.

Yager 200i        K0YG58ST

This is my first scoot (LOVE IT) and I have never bought accessories for it... After some reading, I'm thinking that Givi may be the way to go for the extra cost?  No clue.  Just my two cents of information accumulated so far.... I will check bad to see how it goes for you, what you decided, etc.

Yager E

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2010, 12:07:53 AM »
I decided to put the Shad 40 liter on my BMW R1100R and will put the smaller Givi I have on the Yager. I also saw Kymco updated the Shad kit and that is the one you referenced.

My local Givi guy has been off and was supposed to order the Givi kit SR 90-KR 90 last week. I will check with him on Weds morning, 10-6-10 to see if he did. If not, I can order it from the guys in Las Vegas, who said they could get it for me.

I won't endorse it until I receive it to make sure it works. Hopefully that will be in the next week or two.
Elliot

2010 Yager GT 200i
Support our Troops!

Yager E

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2010, 11:17:57 PM »
Update on the Givi SR 90 fitment kit....my guy has been off for last and this coming week (the nerve :)  )
so I'll check again next week. So far haven't heard anything, but supposedly its coming from Italy....

Its been two months so far, so this journey is not for the impatient...... Oh well, we had a high of 25 today and the bikes are staying warm.
Elliot

2010 Yager GT 200i
Support our Troops!

neuviemefemme

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2011, 11:26:08 PM »
It is the new year and I'm getting cabin fever....

I think I am going to go the extra bucks for a GIVI instead of a SHAD?  Wondering if Yager E, you got your fitment kit and if you got the top case on the Yager yet? 

Do anyone have pics of cases on their Yagers and what they like/don't like about 'em?

Part of me wants to go out and get a bigger size case... I dunno, 46?, I'm not going to be doing any major trips (I don't think) but groceries and errands are in the cards for sure.  How big do I go?  Thoughts.

20 degrees and lots o snow... Yager in hibernation.... When will I be able to wake it up...

Thanks!

Yager E

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2011, 12:26:02 AM »
I think I am going to go the extra bucks for a GIVI instead of a SHAD?  Wondering if Yager E, you got your fitment kit and if you got the top case on the Yager yet? 

Do anyone have pics of cases on their Yagers and what they like/don't like about 'em?

Part of me wants to go out and get a bigger size case... I dunno, 46?, I'm not going to be doing any major trips (I don't think) but groceries and errands are in the cards for sure.  How big do I go?  Thoughts.

Thanks!

Hey Neuvie,

I posed a couple of pics of the case and just the rack on the "How To" section and this Yager section with the heading "Givi kit installed-hooray"

I am very happy with the Givi kit and you can mount about any top case with its own plate once you get the fitment kit on.

Good luck and let me know if you have any questions.
Elliot

2010 Yager GT 200i
Support our Troops!

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()