Author Topic: Fuel vacuum issues, please help  (Read 11797 times)

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Fuel vacuum issues, please help
« Reply #90 on: July 03, 2014, 04:00:43 PM »
Going thru SPI you can get either a Malossi sport or a Polini Corsa BBK for under 200.00. If you just rejet your carb you can get a much stronger take off, and 3-5MPH better top end.

You can build up in stages... Pipe/carb, then get into the CVT, then perhaps an intake set up.

I ran a steady 50 on just a malossi sport, and a set of gears. Added a Technigas pipe, and Delorto carb for 55MPH, and 60 top.

Glad it's running.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

super50zx

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 04, 2014, 02:01:36 AM »
me too man, and it is running thanks to you! you pretty much walked me through the whole thing and the lending of the leak down tester.....awesome. now i am starting to get into it some and not near as intimidated as i first was, so at some point I am sure i will be ordering some upgrades. but it has been running strong since i replaced the cdi box. i can actually hear it when it "allows" the higher revs, its like a switch is hit and the revs go up and the speed increases.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 06, 2014, 06:06:01 AM »
It's all god sir! The reward for all this is seeing guys that were scared of this crap turn into posters that can help others.

I know what it's like to be left out in the cold, and I can't help but to offer a hand where ever I can. I bet I am happier than you that your bike is fixed.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

super50zx

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 30, 2014, 03:39:36 AM »
been a while since i have had a chance to get online here, but just an update scoot is running great been riding as often as i can and so far so good, getting around 45-48 mph tops. have not really been pushing it hard though that often. just happy at this point that it is comfortable and dependable.....now that i typed this i am waiting to see what goes wrong next....lol  thanks again to everyone who helped out greatly appreciated.

super50zx

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 02, 2014, 02:52:22 AM »
update.....been another long while since posting....another thanks to all here for the help scooter is still running good. I am wanting to do some additional mods but it is the typical story......when you have the time to do them you dont have the money....and when you have a little extra money to spend you dont have the time to do it. anyhow scooter is running good, thanks all

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 02, 2014, 06:51:56 AM »
Once again you made my day. Anything we can do to help around here... we will.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()