Author Topic: Haveing hard time with scooter club...........  (Read 1725 times)

blue

• View Profile
Haveing hard time with scooter club...........
« on: July 27, 2016, 09:04:59 PM »
I have been in my scooter club sense 07 . the club started off being 50 cc scoots and a few bigger ones. And we all road good to gether.
the last few years the club got full of 125 scoots or bigger and now the little 50 cc are stuck behind because all they wana do is go fast.Like 50 or better. there are only a few of us 50cc left that ride and are turned away because of this. Just not fare. All at ounce the club is takeing up dues to ride.And has pointed someone presatent and so forth with out notice. When the club frist starteded we talked about this never happening. was going to be just be a bunch of people that like to ride to gether and stay together and have fun. Now its out of hands  by being controlled.  Having a hard time dealing with this. the club is all about the speed now not the fun of the ride.

ScooterWolf

• View Profile
Re: Haveing hard time with scooter club...........
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2016, 10:57:51 PM »
Sorry to hear about the turn of luck. Maybe if there are enough 50 cc members you could organize a Back Road Ride - one on routes were the speed limit isn’t above 50. If more of your fellow 50 cc members feel as you do, maybe it’s time to make a bold move and start a splinter club that caters to their interest and speeds.

You’re not the first person I’ve heard complain about a SC club whose core values changed from its original principles. Either the new members are unaware of your club’s history, or, unfortunately, they don’t care. A good club should cater to everyone, and all bikes.

- Wolf

MJR

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2016, 01:58:02 AM »
Had another one not too long ago with the same issue. This is why clubs splinter and form other groups. Who needs a club, just get together with  other like minded scoot owners, easier in the age of the internet.
'03 Clipper Yellow Honda Reflex
'03 Coast Cyan Atlantic 500
'14 White MyRoad 700i
'09 Mirage White Burgman 650
'06 Oort Gray Burgman 650 project
'05 Sonic Silver Burgman 650 project
'03 Space Blue Burgman 650, rebuilt/upgraded CVT w/Polish adapter
'03 Space Blue Burgman 650 parts bike

PaulF

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2016, 03:54:41 AM »
Was looking forward to joining a scooter club in town and doing monthly rides but then found out that the rides were centered around the main core group who rode maxi scooters and the trips they did were impractical for those with smaller engine scooters. 

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2016, 10:42:00 AM »
Would love to meet and talk scooters with others.....but riding in a pack and dodging other riders constantly does not sound like a relaxing or safe ride.
Just my take....
unless I move to Florida I'm never going to find a pack of scooter riders. ..so a moot point.
Blue...peel off with your 50cc buddies. They probably feel the same as you about this situation. Bummer.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

randyo

• Farmington, Strafford County, New Hampshire, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2016, 01:55:29 AM »
I have been in my scooter club sense 07 . the club started off being 50 cc scoots and a few bigger ones. And we all road good to gether.
the last few years the club got full of 125 scoots or bigger and now the little 50 cc are stuck behind because all they wana do is go fast.Like 50 or better. there are only a few of us 50cc left that ride and are turned away because of this. Just not fare. All at ounce the club is takeing up dues to ride.And has pointed someone presatent and so forth with out notice. When the club frist starteded we talked about this never happening. was going to be just be a bunch of people that like to ride to gether and stay together and have fun. Now its out of hands  by being controlled.  Having a hard time dealing with this. the club is all about the speed now not the fun of the ride.

ride away, its ok to go riding with some enthusiasts you met up with,, as soon as you become a "club" and especially if it becomes organized enuf to charge "dues"  for liability reasons I recommend no part of it,  some stupid accident, and you can get sucked into it cause yer a dues paying member of a club

RandyO
IBA#9560

Scooter Dan

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2016, 10:55:47 PM »
riding in a pack and dodging other riders constantly does not sound like a relaxing or safe ride.

Some of my closest calls were riding in a group and someone ahead of you in the pack does something stupid.  Not my cup of tea anymore. Solo rider here.
2003 Honda Silverwing ABS
2005 Kymco Bet and Win 250

Mr. Paul

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2016, 02:05:31 AM »
Time to exit the club. You are not leaving them, they have left you sir.
2009 Kymco People 150
1993 Honda Helix

Scooter Dan

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2016, 04:02:49 PM »
I had considered (fantasy) of starting a scooter club for small displacement scooters. Thought it would be a hoot to see a pack of hooligans on 50cc scooters tooling down the road. The differences though between 50cc and even 125cc is like night and day as it's hard for bigger scooters to hold back from going faster. When our local scooter club got started we had 2-250cc Honda Reflex's and a Vespa 150 and larger cruisers, some Silverwings and Burgman's and me on a GW. The slowest bike in the group was the Vespa as we had to really hold back for it. We never complained and adjusted our riding for the smallest bikes. Eventually though, everyone got bigger bikes and scooters and things became more equal.

The 50cc class though is a unique category and so distinctly separate from it's larger brothers that it should be in a class of it's own. Like others have  said; starting a sub-group or a new 50cc scooter club is your best bet. I think it would be a hoot to have a 50 only club.
2003 Honda Silverwing ABS
2005 Kymco Bet and Win 250

paceneedsstides

• Cuz I can't drive...55!!...No I mean that I try...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2016, 12:20:15 AM »
MSLF Making Slow Look Fast Carolina Scooter Club which was created by Triesandluth and myself back in January charges yearly dues ($20) and patch fees ($10 for small and $20 for large). That not a bad thing it allows for Clubs to do things like order decals which is something we did with dues, have funded cookouts, or pay for camping spots for a weekend ride. That being said we have members who pay for patch but have not payed dues, some who buy decals but are not members, some who patch up and pay dues but are never seen again lol. We don't pressure anyone to join, we have a few members about 20 but usually on rides there are only 5 actual members but ten or more non members. We don't discriminate on type of scooter, gender, race, or displacement. I myself as does Tries have 50cc 2T Kymcos which we have big bored and done enough to cruise around 50 or better but usually hang in the back to keep slower scoots up, we have people with motorcycles, 150s, and one Kymco Xciting 500. We just like to have fun, ride with others, and wrench on scoots. We must be doing something right our Facebook page which started in mid January has 415 members as of today, is pretty active 24/7, and we have people as far away as Tasmania Australia buying our decals for their scooters even had a guy from Pennsylvania buy our decal before he did the Appalachian Trail ride from Florida all the way home on his scooter. Seems like your group has either outgrown what it started as or taken a wrong turn somewhere. Have you talked with the older original members about the change of direction? I bet if you're feeling left out some of the others slower riders may be also and it wouldn't be a thing to start hanging out with the smaller displacement engines or start your own informal or formal scooter Club. The good thing about MSLF me and Tries this is our baby and besides what to spend dues on we have the last word when it comes to things though we haven't had that be an issue as of yet.
2013 Kymco/Malossi Like 70 2T
Technigas Next R Chrome exhaust
Malossi Dellorto 19mm Carb
94 main jet
Malossi Multivar
Dr Pulley 6gr Sliders
Malossi Blue Rear Pulley Spring
Malossi Torsion controller
Stage 6 Sport Pro Clutch
Stage 6 upgear kit
Malossi PHBG Open Racing Filter Chrome Covered

An Error Has Occurred!