Author Topic: Adventure with mirrors continues  (Read 712 times)

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Adventure with mirrors continues
« on: December 21, 2017, 02:00:10 PM »
Fitting mirror extensions on a scoot with one left hand threaded mirror (ala Yamaha, and others..) is proving to be a test of patience and web searching.
The extension that accepts an 8mm reverse threaded mirror had to come from HongKong, the mirror reverse end adapters from the USA, and now waiting on M10x1.25 cap head screws (to put the extensions on the adapters) to come from the U.K. Not even fastenal carried these...
The conversion isn't expensive. ...just time consuming. If it isn't suitable. ..only alternative is the $80 set of mega stem mirrors to replace the handsome stock Piaggio items..... which would be a bummer.
4th scooter I've had to alter mirror length....each proved a test.
Stig
PS: well, there is another alternative --- I could ride faster than ALL nearby traffic. But that's not going to happen.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2017, 02:04:41 PM by Stig »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

wheels

• USA, NC, Raleigh
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure with mirrors continues
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2018, 12:45:27 AM »
Yep, I futz around with the mirrors on the GTI.  With the Puig w/s it moves them
further back which I don't like.   So now I have mounted some Suzuki 600 mirrors to
the Puig w/s.  Like the location now, but they are a little blurry and useless at idle.
I will probably try to stiffen the mounting location with more plastic underneath.

Moved the GTi mirrors to my Honda CTX, far better than those stock Honda mirrors.

Bought the expensive ($129) OEM from Taiwan (rectangular shaped) mirrors that mount at the windshield location for the Downtown.   Great mirrors.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 12:49:34 AM by wheels »
2012  DT 300i  26K miles,  Bestem 929, Biondi w/s, LED brake/tail,turn, OEM mirrors fairing mount, removed buttstop
2015  GTi300  7K miles, Bestem 929 case, PUIG TS w/s, mirrors mounted to w/s, led DRLs in windguards
2014  Honda CTX700,  35Kmiles, many mods

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure with mirrors continues
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2018, 02:44:46 AM »
Tip for Forza owners - identical mirrors but longer mirror stems on the CB500X . A perfect swap...look dead stock, but can see behind much better.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()