Author Topic: Are there any mods for GrandVista seat?  (Read 4884 times)

mla187

• View Profile
Are there any mods for GrandVista seat?
« on: July 06, 2008, 07:40:10 PM »
Does any one know of any modifications ect. for a grandvista 250 seat. I like going on long rides but my back usually pays for it. I know the suzuki 650 has an extention for the factory back rest but I can't find one or any thing for that matter for the GV. Any suggestions or sites I could visit that carry any such thing?

Thanks,
Mike
« Last Edit: July 08, 2008, 01:03:33 AM by mla187 »
MIKE

michiman

• View Profile
Re: Are there any mods for GrandVista seat?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2008, 04:28:31 PM »
The only thing I know of is the optional touring seat.

fmath1937

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2008, 07:53:57 PM »
Has anyone ever had one of the modified seats for the GrandVista?  I have taken the backrest off of mine to give me a little more room from the front dash.  I would like to have the other if it gives a little more room to stretch the legs.

scuba1065

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2008, 12:22:41 AM »
I was going to remove the backrest from mine tonight. I was wondering if anyone had tried it to give themselves more room. I also ordered the taller windshield tonight. I have owned the GV250 for 3 months now. I really believe it rides nice. Great for 60 mile trips. But, the seat is hard on my back and sits me up too high for long trips. I am 5'6". I have had a Honda 250 scooter. It is just as good of quality as the Honda.  It appears to be as well built. I have over 3000 miles on it now and it has always run well.
I know there is another seat. It looks deeper with a higher backrest. Anyone tried this seat? It runs around $200.00.
Follow-up to removing backrest. Not worth the hastle. It needs the backrest or it looks bad and does not add much comfort. Love the GIVI windshield. Worth every penny. Slows the motorcycle down about 5 mph at top speed.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2009, 03:26:24 AM by scuba1065 »

emartin890

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2008, 06:06:11 PM »
I have not tried the seat.. but I can't ride mine more than about 40 miles  before by butt starts killing me ::).. I ordered the airhawk seat cushion today for mine.. the reviews are great on these.. I will post again after I have tried it for a while.

emartin890

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2008, 02:52:00 PM »
Update.. The airhawk cushion is pure heaven!!!  Took a LONG ride this am and what a difference!!  My problem may have been different than yours although I have serious back issues  too( surgery.. fusion.. nerve damage from a car wreck) My back never bothered me riding the Vista  but even on a short ride that seat made me feel like I had been kicked in the tailbone.. Today was pure comfort!!  They are pricey.. 144 on ebay with shipping.. but worth every cent!!  I added  just a touch of luxury too by covering it with a sheepskin scrap.. Best ride I have had ever!!!

fmath1937

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2008, 07:33:13 PM »
What about the difference in space from the dash to your belt buckle?  My big gut is crowded and I removed the back rest so I could scoot back to a more comfortable position.  Like your description of the ride comfort and if the distance is better I will get one.

guzzihack

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2008, 08:16:54 PM »
I just got my 2006 GV250.  It came with the big touring seat just like the picture above.  I'm not tall (5' 9" and a 29" inseam) but  I think the seat pushes me forward unless I really stuff myself back into it.  The huge hump is very soft but a bit agressive in the lumbar.  Maybe that's what people are looking for.  I bought the GV to carry my 12 year-old, so I'm going to have to chop this thing way down and reupholster it.

Tubacscooter

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2008, 01:38:09 PM »
I have both the touring seat and an air hawk seat cushion.  This combo lets me ride very comfortable for long rides.  Longest ride was 260 miles with two people.

WI rider

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2008, 03:08:17 PM »
Hello,
I bought a Blue GrandVista 08 in August and I would agree the standard seat feels to far forward. I took off the backrest so we will see how that goes?  I was wondering if the touring seat is set farther back. Even an inch back would be a big improvement for me at 6 ft.   

WI rider

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2008, 05:01:57 PM »
I added the touring seat and it has more padding and better back support.  Doesn't help much with leg room.  Also took it in for initial oil change/tune up and it cost around $70.

scootbug

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2009, 01:00:58 AM »
Is it difficult to remove the back rest? I am seriously considering purchasing this scooter, but feel that I need a little more room between me and the steering.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()