Author Topic: New seat for like 200i  (Read 5306 times)

2wheelfun

• View Profile
New seat for like 200i
« on: August 29, 2014, 08:40:12 PM »
Did I read somewhere on here about a new style seat being available for the like 200i or was it in a dream? Tried search no luck.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Re: New seat for like 200i
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2014, 01:05:37 AM »
This is a VERY common LIKE owner's dream.
Sadly, it is just that. The 15's look just like the rest.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

2wheelfun

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2014, 01:28:41 AM »
What's a 15? Anyone try a gel seat pad at all? If so what's your opinion?  http://www.jcwhitney.com/pro-pad-universal-gel-seat-pads/p2014947.jcwx?filterid=u0j1#tab2

big blue

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2014, 02:58:19 AM »
He means a 2015. No, no change in the seat profile. If you are less than 6 ft. it's not an issue. Look at sheepskin seats. the prices are better than gel.
2012 Kymco Like 200i LX (Sold)  Salem, Oregon USA

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2014, 12:22:49 PM »
Anyone out there in the far Pacific want to get very wealthy!!!??
There is a huge market in Europe and N.America for those seat rebuilds which you make for your countrymen at very little cost.
Kymco LIKE owners, Honda Forza and especially Honda PCX owners will pay a very reasonable price to obtain one of your seat rebuilds!! Cut that backrest hump off those pre-2015 PCX`s and fix the LIKE seats alone and ship to us.....will make you able to retire in Florida next week!
Just sayin
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

AMAC1680

• Outdoorsman, Advocate, Paraplegic
    • View Profile
    • SEGS4VETS
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2014, 12:51:04 PM »
Anyone out there in the far Pacific want to get very wealthy!!!??
There is a huge market in Europe and N.America for those seat rebuilds which you make for your countrymen at very little cost.
Kymco LIKE owners, Honda Forza and especially Honda PCX owners will pay a very reasonable price to obtain one of your seat rebuilds!! Cut that backrest hump off those pre-2015 PCX`s and fix the LIKE seats alone and ship to us.....will make you able to retire in Florida next week!
Just sayin
Stig

It would have to be an western "round eye" for the redesign.
Here's what they thought was a fix to the PCX , the 2015 in the foreground.

To my eye it appears they removed the little lumbar rest, very good. But then they decided , maybe due to the extra cc's, to make the passengers seat more comfy. Bad.

Be Big,
AMAC
www.SEGS4VETS.org
2017 Lance Cali Classic 200i
2013 SYM RV200
2013 Kymco Downtown 300
2010 Lance Cali Classic-sold
1973 VW Dune Buggy
1974 VW Meyers Manx

2wheelfun

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2014, 09:30:54 PM »
I bought this http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0029Y918M/ref=pe_385040_30332200_TE_item and this http://www.amazon.com/dp/B006JMK7N8/ref=pe_385040_30332200_TE_item to fix my aching butt. Don't say a word, I'm going to make it work!

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2014, 05:36:21 PM »
I bought this http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0029Y918M/ref=pe_385040_30332200_TE_item and this http://www.amazon.com/dp/B006JMK7N8/ref=pe_385040_30332200_TE_item to fix my aching butt. Don't say a word, I'm going to make it work!
I don't understand your dislike of the 2015 PCX seat.
All other owners of the older PCX will, happily, kill to have this seat!
Many are talking of trading in a nearly new scoot just to get that seat!
Even Asians were having this butt rest removed....in a growing industry to get them off. Now, Honda has cut them off with this redesign which is so much better for taller riders to get back even an inch or two.
An interesting post on the PCX forum was an Asian fellow remarking that is it common for him to put his family of 4 on this scoot....so he really liked the humpless seat!
The day I bought my Forza there was an older gentleman in the shop looking at a Kymco 300...he was trading in a Grand Vista.
I sat on his trade-in G.V. yesterday...I do not have a clue how a 6 footer can ride that scoot. There was no room because of the giant butt rest of that seat shape throwing me SO close to the handlebar!
Stig
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 12:28:49 AM by Stig »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

AMAC1680

• Outdoorsman, Advocate, Paraplegic
    • View Profile
    • SEGS4VETS
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2014, 05:53:20 PM »
All other owners of the older PCX owners will, apparently, kill to have this seat!
Even Asians were having this butt rest removed....in a growing industry to get them off. Now, Honda has cut them off with this redesign which is so much better for taller riders to get back even an inch or two.
An interesting post on the PCX forum was an Asian fellow remarking that is it common for him to put his family og 4 on this scoot....so he really liked the humpless seat!
The day I bought my Forza there was an older gentleman in the shop looking at a Kymco 300...he was trading in a Grand Vista.
I sat on his trade-in G.V. yesterday...I do not have a clue how a 6 footer can ride that scoot. There was no room because of the giant butt rest of that seat shape throwing me SO close to the handlebar!
Stig

Very few scoots are designed for fat-assed over tall western slobs.......... ;D
They don't give a crap about our market, they send over the scraps. I get it the US market is the size of a zit and a small one at that.

That's starting to change but we still get bikes built for those in the Far East. It ain't hard flatten out the seats yet it never seems to happen.

Be Big,
AMAC
www.SEGS4VETS.org
2017 Lance Cali Classic 200i
2013 SYM RV200
2013 Kymco Downtown 300
2010 Lance Cali Classic-sold
1973 VW Dune Buggy
1974 VW Meyers Manx

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2014, 11:47:34 PM »
All other owners of the older PCX will, happily, kill to have this seat!
An interesting post on the PCX forum was an Asian fellow remarking that is it common for him to put his family og 4 on this scoot....so he really liked the humpless seat!
Stig
The GV 250 is almost impossible for me to ride for more than a few minutes.
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()