Poll

wont stay running

wornt stay running in cold weather
0 (0%)
help won't start in cold weather
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Have a 2018 kymco takes 20minutes to warm up?  (Read 844 times)

moosie

• View Profile
Have a 2018 kymco takes 20minutes to warm up?
« on: February 18, 2021, 01:47:54 PM »
I am lost bought brand new from dealer in new York, brought it back they say nothing wrong ! when starting a
machine you need pull choke out and start let run then adjust choke. wish that was all, after adjusting choke it stalls and start process all over again and it stalls and stalls and stalls after 10 minutes battery dies now have to jump start it. in order for you to actually  have to hold throttle almost all the way open and rev it at high rpms. there has to be an adjustment on  this machine, my wife refuses to use it. if any boady has any other ideas please help. thank you. lost rider. Eric

sorry for any wrong things first time posting.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Re: Have a 2018 kymco takes 20minutes to warm up?
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2021, 01:55:17 PM »
Every dealer should show the new owner how to operate their vehicle.
Take your new Kymco back to the dealer and have them demonstrate that there is nothing wrong when starting.

Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

moosie

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2021, 03:33:47 PM »
sorry i probably did not explain myself good enough, i did go back to dealer and explained to them the problem and was told nothing wrong with the carburetor or any part of quad. i have had quads before with carburetors and have never had this much trouble starting them.  if i start quad in summer it starts rite up no questions, but winter we just don't bother because it is such a hassle. just thought maybe an adjustment on carb  dealer did not do or something along those lines.

airshot

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2021, 05:11:01 PM »
Is the quad stii under warranty?  If so then back to the dealer and have a talk with a service tech.  Depe ding on how long you have had the machine, it is possible you have some crud or varnish build up inside the carb.  A partially clogged jet could cause this issue. Worse case i to do a thorough carb clean and reset to factory specs. Keep in mind to always shut off fuel and run carb dry if machine will sit for a month or longer.  Todays fuels go bad quickly!!  I use blue stabil in all my toys to help fuel last longer.

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2021, 01:52:33 AM »
This been sittin' around for two years thereabouts with gas in the tank and carb. Got gummed up ethanol gas snot in the carb. The dealer tells you nothing is wrong because he does not want to fool with it. He wants you gone until the warranty runs (any second!) and then you get to pay! Stig has the right idea (as usual) get the genius at the dealer to show you.
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

Forbes1964

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2021, 02:54:37 AM »
sorry i probably did not explain myself good enough, i did go back to dealer and explained to them the problem and was told nothing wrong with the carburetor or any part of quad. i have had quads before with carburetors and have never had this much trouble starting them.  if i start quad in summer it starts rite up no questions, but winter we just don't bother because it is such a hassle. just thought maybe an adjustment on carb  dealer did not do or something along those lines.
The best thing to do is to take it to the dealership and let it sit for long enough for the problem to occur. Then YOU start it while THEY are standing there. Then have THEM start it too, While it’s often possible for a dedicated tech to find a problem, it’s MUCH easier to diagnose a problem that’s in action. And actually being there to demonstrate the problem prevents any chance of miscommunication or excuses of not being able to duplicate the concern.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
2009 Xciting 250

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()