Author Topic: Strike 3!  (Read 2826 times)

Scootaloot

• View Profile
Strike 3!
« on: February 14, 2009, 02:20:55 AM »
I don't want to be a whiner but my scoot ran for 3 days before breaking again. This time it was the belt and it left me stranded 30 miles from home. I had just gotten it back from the second major engine repair and rode it 3 times. The scooter has only 1900Km on it and I am not some kid trashing it but I really think its time to try something else. Any comments would be appreciated. :( :( :( :( :(

Calothrix

• View Profile
Re: Strike 3!
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2009, 03:17:23 AM »
You have every right to whine!  That scoots been nothing but problems for you since the git go.  I purchased an '05 People 150 last July and put about 2000 km on it without any problems (hope I just didn't jinx myself!).  It sounds like you just got a lemon.  You never know, you could replace the belt and it could run fine for a few thousand kilometers.  Then again.....  I couldn't blame you for looking for something else.       

Scootaloot

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2009, 02:44:54 AM »
The belt didn't break! A nut fell off the axle and caused the belt to fall off! The dealer said that there was no danger of the wheel falling off as it is held on by the swing arms. The dealer couldn't figure out how it could have happened but this was the last straw. Be safe out there! :o :o :o :o :o 

sw19

• View Profile
    • Stan Wagner's Portfolio
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2009, 01:15:41 PM »
Sounds like human error to me.
-Stan

OldGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2009, 05:46:36 PM »
I agree with SW19. Nuts don't fall off for no reason. Time to find a dealer with a more competent mechanic. >:(
OldGuy
Wanna be GrandVista rider

Inside every old person is a young person wondering,
"What the heck happened?"

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()