Author Topic: rev limiter  (Read 1443 times)

max oradea

• View Profile
rev limiter
« on: January 29, 2013, 08:24:27 PM »
hi guys i have a quick question.
Anyone know the max rev limit or when does the ignition limiter kick in.
reason is want to fit a tech meter on it and needed to know what should be the maximum number on the clock face.
i saw there are 8000rpm been fitted but then i read that the maximum should be more then 10500rpm because this is when the bike produces the max 28 horsepower. so should i get one around the 12000rpm range?
many thanks!

krisfnbs

• View Profile
Re: rev limiter
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2013, 01:01:07 AM »
hi guys i have a quick question.
Anyone know the max rev limit or when does the ignition limiter kick in.
reason is want to fit a tech meter on it and needed to know what should be the maximum number on the clock face.
i saw there are 8000rpm been fitted but then i read that the maximum should be more then 10500rpm because this is when the bike produces the max 28 horsepower. so should i get one around the 12000rpm range?
many thanks!

did you ever add this? I would be interested in adding one as well....those whole no tachometer thing is really different to me.

max oradea

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2013, 09:19:12 AM »
its a work in progress. thought about the wire splice from the main lamp and got a few instruction, but still have not fitted one.
Right now having second thoughts about it.
Because to be honest i saw a GV 650... and kind of got a bit attached. same radical design as the venox but with a lot more tech and a lot more power, the seat height is also lower then the venox for a more comfortable ride.
Still love my venox though so right now just going to keep on riding.

Hairy Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2013, 11:02:54 AM »
G'day Max. Sounds like your prettywell on the money mate. From the info I've been able to muster, 28hp @ 11,000rpm. Then I read somewhere else, it's maximum revs were 10,000. So yeah, meet them half way and Bob's yer uncle, so to speak.
The GV 650's are a pretty slick looking bike hey. The Koreans are putting out a damn good quality product these days ! They're starting to kick arse with their cars too. My work car is an i30 wagon, and I've been more than impressed with it. They're starting to give the whole bike and car industry a big wake up call that's for sure, in the quality and value you get for your money.
I still dig my little pony though.
Anyhow, take care and ride safe amigo.
Best regards,
Hairy Bob.
Damn the torpedoes .. full steam ahead !

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()