Author Topic: Time for new tires?  (Read 2519 times)

NorWeWa

• View Profile
Re: Time for new tires?
« Reply #45 on: April 30, 2023, 12:33:38 AM »
Any more I don't worry about what country the manufacture uses for cheap labor etc. I just buy a brand that I feel makes good tires. Not much I can do about it. 

randyo

• Farmington, Strafford County, New Hampshire, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 30, 2023, 01:00:10 AM »
Any more I don't worry about what country the manufacture uses for cheap labor etc. I just buy a brand that I feel makes good tires. Not much I can do about it.

lots of tire manufacturers are doing it in Brazil, cause thats the source of raw material, the rubber tree is native to the Amazon basin, cheaper to ship the end product than it is the raw material to cheap labor, then ship again to the customers
RandyO
IBA#9560

airshot

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 30, 2023, 01:39:32 AM »
I also believe the mfgrs have set a max of 7 years of time before the tire is considered wornout.  Most tire shops wont touch a tire at 7 years in age other than to replace it!  Tread depth, cracking of carcass, birthdate are the 3 things that determine when a tire needs replaced !!   When you buy new tires, get a date code when they were mfgr.  Sometimes tires are sold that have set for a year or two in storage, you dont want them !!

NorWeWa

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 30, 2023, 03:44:16 PM »
Looks like I'm screwed with car tires, don't drive enough in 7 years to wear them out. 

Art

Neil955i

• Cheshire, UK. The older I get, the faster I was...
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 30, 2023, 04:09:13 PM »
Looks like I'm screwed with car tires, don't drive enough in 7 years to wear them out. 

Art

😂
Regards & ride safe,
Neil

Current garage:  Kymco DTX360 & Triumph Street Triple 675R
Past bikes: BSA C15. Honda S/wing (GL500). Kawasaki GPz750. BMW K100RS. Kawasaki GPZ900R. Yamaha FJ1200 x2. Sprint. Triumph Daytona 900. Kawasaki ZX-7R. T595 Daytona. Kawasaki ZX-9R x2. Triumph Daytona 955i. X-Town

aschrauth

• Have patience, Don't be in such a Hurry.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 01, 2023, 03:41:51 AM »

Art

Heck for someone like me who drives less than 100K a year I never get the full life out of my cars tires, they end up dryrotting before wearing out.
Kymco 125cc
Wolf Rx50 BBK 80cc

randyo

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 01, 2023, 05:53:54 AM »
I drive hardly at all, less than 20-25 miles a week, divided by 2 trucks, and once a year towing my UTV to my brothers and back 350 mile round trip. Not sure how much I'll ride, in nice weather, I take my k-Pipe, or AK550 to doc appointments and the trucks sit

not like when I was still working, putting 20k+ miles on my car (a couple years, in the 40k range) AND putting 30k-35k on my SV650 at the same time, one year I spent $3500 in tires for the SV alone while my bimmer, a 320i, had 100k Michelins on it and never put tires on it in the 4 years I owned it
RandyO
IBA#9560

randyo

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 19, 2023, 08:49:59 PM »
just ordered up a pair of IRC tires for my K-Pipe, the Avons I really wanted are on back order till July 25th
RandyO
IBA#9560

aschrauth

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 22, 2023, 03:34:14 AM »
I drive hardly at all, less than 20-25 miles a week, divided by 2 trucks, and once a year towing my UTV to my brothers and back 350 mile round trip. Not sure how much I'll ride, in nice weather, I take my k-Pipe, or AK550 to doc appointments and the trucks sit

not like when I was still working, putting 20k+ miles on my car (a couple years, in the 40k range) AND putting 30k-35k on my SV650 at the same time, one year I spent $3500 in tires for the SV alone while my bimmer, a 320i, had 100k Michelins on it and never put tires on it in the 4 years I owned it
Normally I put all the miles on my scooter and let the car sit. Right now I ride to work five days a week on a twelve mile commute both ways. My agility right now has about 10,300Km.
Kymco 125cc
Wolf Rx50 BBK 80cc

randyo

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 22, 2023, 08:08:53 PM »
Normally I put all the miles on my scooter and let the car sit. Right now I ride to work five days a week on a twelve mile commute both ways. My agility right now has about 10,300Km.

I used my bike for company business, one year I had a $15k+ deduction for motorcycle mileage, you are allowed to take the GSA per diem rate, this year up to 63½¢/mile
https://www.gsa.gov/travel/plan-book/transportation-airfare-pov-etc/privately-owned-vehicle-pov-mileage-reimbursement-rates
RandyO
IBA#9560

aschrauth

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 23, 2023, 03:06:08 AM »
I used my bike for company business, one year I had a $15k+ deduction for motorcycle mileage, you are allowed to take the GSA per diem rate, this year up to 63½¢/mile
https://www.gsa.gov/travel/plan-book/transportation-airfare-pov-etc/privately-owned-vehicle-pov-mileage-reimbursement-rates

Unfortunatly I mainly use my scooter to commute to and from work. I dont think that can be deducted.
Kymco 125cc
Wolf Rx50 BBK 80cc

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 23, 2023, 11:44:58 AM »
Unfortunatly I mainly use my scooter to commute to and from work. I dont think that can be deducted.
It takes a lot of deductions to surpass the standard deduction for most of us.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

randyo

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 23, 2023, 09:31:25 PM »
It takes a lot of deductions to surpass the standard deduction for most of us.
Stig

I take standard deduction on my personal tax, the mileage deduction is on my self employment/business, before I even get to my personal stuff
RandyO
IBA#9560

randyo

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 23, 2023, 09:33:40 PM »

same here, but from a home office to job sites, self employment has it's benefits
RandyO
IBA#9560

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()