Author Topic: Do Kymco's have these...?  (Read 1208 times)

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Do Kymco's have these...?
« on: November 29, 2015, 03:32:23 PM »
These blasted oil windows drive much of the Burgman forum lint rolling , navel inspection and fist fights...!
It is reported that the oil change capacity can be anywhere from 1200ml to 1450ml....etc.
Do Kymcos have these, and if so - how are they dealt with?
Also - does anyone here wash and re-use their (scooter) paper air filters?
Stig

« Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 03:34:29 PM by Stig »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

de dee

• 2011 300i downtown 82,265 KM.
    • View Profile
Re: Do Kymco's have these...?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2015, 04:22:17 PM »
300i downtown has sight glass for brakes only,.  and the rad. over flow  tank, if you can call it that,.

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2015, 06:57:26 PM »
The only kymco I know of that have sight glass for oil are the quannon and venox motorcycle. I wish more scooters used sight glass, I like it. As for washing air filters, you want to keep moisture out of the paper. You can blow air from the back to the front and get a little extra mileage from a filter.
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

slug50

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2015, 02:38:46 PM »
Stig, if you are wanting to save money on air filters I found a company call Hiflo on the internet that sells replacement filters that appear identical color and fit both for about 30% of what I have to pay for OEM filters. Good luck.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2015, 04:54:53 PM »
Stig, if you are wanting to save money on air filters I found a company call Hiflo on the internet that sells replacement filters that appear identical color and fit both for about 30% of what I have to pay for OEM filters. Good luck.
Thanks, yes my HiFlo order from the U.K. arrived last week. Found them last month on eBay. I posted pix of one and OEM filter side by side on the Burgman forum.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

NeoGenesisMax

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2015, 03:52:01 AM »
Dunno if it really helps much but my owner's manual states to always check the window and the dipstick, so does my repair manual come to think of it.  Just seems like an extra step any time you do anything oil related.  Only seems useful to see the color of your oil quickly.  But once again you already could check that other ways.  Sucks even more on a motorcycle with no center kick stand. It then requires even more steps. 

BTW I am so in love with the newish Aprilia!  This thing has features that should be standard on every big cc scoot.  The ecvt is more fun than I imagined.  Also you'd be surprised to see how many bikers are genuinely jealous of the transmission. The Mana is a great bike.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()