Author Topic: Derestrict Kymco MXU 50  (Read 4721 times)

tavib

• View Profile
Derestrict Kymco MXU 50
« on: June 10, 2009, 11:57:25 AM »
 Hi , for more speed and power I know about 70cc Malossi .
 Do you know other derestrict methods ? Cdi ? Exhausted ? ...
 Now it runs 40Km/h , hope about 50 maybe more ...
Thank you !

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
Re: Derestrict Kymco MXU 50
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2009, 12:08:07 AM »
..engine tuning and preventive maintenance is first...I have an Agility 50, so I also must keep my valves adjusted...but, start with the basic mechanical needs first...In my experience, a balance of torque and speed is what we're looking for on our 50 (49) cc scooters..if your engine is performing like it SHOULD be, start with any known "de-restricting" methods that are specific to you scoot.....A variator upgrade might cost you around $100.00, and make world of difference in it's performance...
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

axy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2009, 09:35:07 AM »
MXU is a quad, not a scoot.

One question, you are mentioning valves. Once I spoke with a mechanic who performed maintenance on my Piaggio Beverly 200 and he said that even after 20.000 kms, the valves do not get misaligned. Did you notice that valves on Agility 4 stroke really have to be adjusted so often - every 3000 kms according to the user's manual? Tnx.
---
Kymco People GT300i 2017 ABS Euro4
Kymco Agility 125 2008

(Past: Kymco People 250S, Piaggio Beverly 200, Kawasaki ZR-7S, Yamaha TW125, Kymco Cobra Cross 50, Peugeot Zenith 50, Piaggio NRG 50 mc2 72 cc Naraku kit)

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2009, 09:16:50 PM »
MXU is a quad, not a scoot.

One question, you are mentioning valves. Once I spoke with a mechanic who performed maintenance on my Piaggio Beverly 200 and he said that even after 20.000 kms, the valves do not get misaligned. Did you notice that valves on Agility 4 stroke really have to be adjusted so often - every 3000 kms according to the user's manual? Tnx.

..damn..how th hell did I get in here...

..sorry, dudes...wrong board..

yeah, man.....I guess I'm not really talking about a mis-alignment, rather a normal wear of the cam lobe, rocker arm and valve stem, valve seat, valve springs.....Over time, normal wear on mechanical parts that "strike" each other is going to occur...even though, most of these are continuously lubricated....

..on the agility 50, the valve clearance is .04mm...this gap ensures that the valves get opened at the optimum distance... this unsures that the maximum amount of fuel mixture enters the cylinder..as well as allowing ALL the combusted vapors to be completely exhausted..

..I've adjusted mine 5 times..and each time, the gap was greater than spec..
« Last Edit: July 15, 2009, 09:19:21 PM by wordslinger »
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

axy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2009, 09:11:06 AM »
..damn..how th hell did I get in here...

..sorry, dudes...wrong board..

yeah, man.....I guess I'm not really talking about a mis-alignment, rather a normal wear of the cam lobe, rocker arm and valve stem, valve seat, valve springs.....Over time, normal wear on mechanical parts that "strike" each other is going to occur...even though, most of these are continuously lubricated....

..on the agility 50, the valve clearance is .04mm...this gap ensures that the valves get opened at the optimum distance... this unsures that the maximum amount of fuel mixture enters the cylinder..as well as allowing ALL the combusted vapors to be completely exhausted..

..I've adjusted mine 5 times..and each time, the gap was greater than spec..

The last sentence is most important for me, tnx. So, it does make sense to make that kind of inspection.
The problem is that looking at pictures, adjusting valves looks like helluva job to me... and I am not sure I would not break something doing that...
---
Kymco People GT300i 2017 ABS Euro4
Kymco Agility 125 2008

(Past: Kymco People 250S, Piaggio Beverly 200, Kawasaki ZR-7S, Yamaha TW125, Kymco Cobra Cross 50, Peugeot Zenith 50, Piaggio NRG 50 mc2 72 cc Naraku kit)

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()