Author Topic: Drive pulley nut  (Read 1641 times)

bdubnpaw

• View Profile
Drive pulley nut
« on: March 30, 2011, 12:43:02 PM »
Hey everyone.  Been lurking around the forum for awhile now.  Finally decided to remove two roller weights, but ran into an issue.  One question I haven't been able to find an answer to is, are the threads for the nut right handed, or left handed threads?  I've tried with an air impact wrench to remove this nut going the normal direction...lefty loosey, but have had no luck.  For any of you out there that have done this simple mod, could you please advise as to which way to turn the nut to take it off?

By the way, I have a stock 2008 MXU 500, camo edition.  So far the only gripe I have seems to be unanimous among all owners;  there is no low end torque.  Not sure what the difference could be between my buddies stock Polaris, which if you were to give it full throttle from a dead stop you would flip it over.  Both machines use similar setups to transfer power to the wheels, but mine hesitates before moving at full throttle.  Not a show stopper by any means, just annoying.  Read somewhere either on this forum or a different one, that once someone removed the two roller weights, they were able to wheelie!  Not saying that I want to do wheelie's all the time, just having the low end torque would be what this monster is missing.

I've attached a pic from last month.  As you can see, I had a great time chasing deer out in the neighbors field.  What a muddy fun time that was!!!

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()