Author Topic: Farewell friends.  (Read 778 times)

kneeslider

• View Profile
Farewell friends.
« on: March 20, 2019, 05:28:10 AM »
Hi all,

I guess it's time to say farewell to the forum and all of you. It's been a good experience learning from the gurus as well as sharing all the stories about our ownership of this brand.

For me, 2019 has been a bad year. As of today, a total of three breakdowns where I had to get it towed to the workshop.

Today's was on her last legs. The con-rod bearing blew on the way to work, and the estimated repair bill came to 80% on the market value of the scooter.

It's been a bitter sweet ownership of 6 years, traveled 84,000kms in those years, multiple self-wrenching moments, small mods, experimental work, DIY maintenance work etc.

Again, thanks all. Definitely time for me to more onto a new and different platform, most probably the Yamaha X-Max 250.
2019 Yamaha X-Max 250

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Re: Farewell friends.
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2019, 10:04:29 AM »
Well kneeslider,
You gave it a good run!
Your contributions, comments loyalty have been appreciated and will be missed!
Best of luck with your new ride - a fine ride.
Many of us enjoy discussions and pix of all kinds of scooters - so please consider continuing to share your scooter and ride reports with us into your future!?
Thanks again, and look forward to your Yamaha scooter reports.
Ride safe

Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

boo

• I hate censorship people manipulate you
    • View Profile
you don`t have to leave
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2019, 01:12:55 PM »
Just because you are trading scooters. We would like to hear more about the Yamaha and your riding experiences.
We are friends here. Stick around.
By the way, I have owned two Yamaha motor cycles over the years and both were fantastic. I owned an FZ6, and a V Max. Fine machines.
300GTI black
Pro 2A - member GOA & NRA

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2019, 02:19:52 PM »
Aw, kneeslider, you don't have to fade into the sunset just cause you actually WORE OUT a Downtowner! We need, no, NEED your experience with the brand and model to keep jokers like me in line! Besides, we wanna hear about everything on whatever you get, good and bad. How many miles is 84000 kms, anyway? Keep comin' back!
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

de dee

• 2011 300i downtown 82,265 KM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2019, 11:29:50 PM »
Aw, kneeslider, you don't have to fade into the sunset just cause you actually WORE OUT a Downtowner! We need, no, NEED your experience with the brand and model to keep jokers like me in line! Besides, we wanna hear about everything on whatever you get, good and bad. How many miles is 84000 kms, anyway? Keep comin' back!

52400 miles good mileage for a small motor . if I remember it was at speed most of the time,  will watch for news on your new ride,.   

kneeslider

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2019, 03:56:38 AM »
Sure Stig, will pop in on occasions.

Well kneeslider,
You gave it a good run!
Your contributions, comments loyalty have been appreciated and will be missed!
Best of luck with your new ride - a fine ride.
Many of us enjoy discussions and pix of all kinds of scooters - so please consider continuing to share your scooter and ride reports with us into your future!?
Thanks again, and look forward to your Yamaha scooter reports.
Ride safe

Stig
2019 Yamaha X-Max 250

kneeslider

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2019, 03:58:48 AM »
Hi Crossbolt,

Thank you for the kind words. Sure as already mentioned to Stig, I will ocassioanlly pop back in here. Hell, I have been here I think close to 6 years!

BTW 84,000km equals 52195.18 miles.

2019 Yamaha X-Max 250

kneeslider

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2019, 04:00:30 AM »
Yes De Dee,

It spent most of those miles at close to top speed in tropical weather, rain or shine.

52400 miles good mileage for a small motor . if I remember it was at speed most of the time,  will watch for news on your new ride,.
2019 Yamaha X-Max 250

kneeslider

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2019, 08:52:45 AM »
Went to the worshop to hand over the spare keys and the full workshop manual for them.

Took some last pics of her especially the item worth mentioning.

1) the H8 LED low beams, I initially used Nighteye but they have me a dark spot right in front, the died and I replaced with new ones from S&D. Much better perhaps its the new tech COB LEDs, but the spread is now as per halogen bulbs.

2) 3.5" AUX lights which helps so much when it night on the highway home. Mounted to the windscreen bolts with the switch on the 'neck' of the handlebars

3) EBC VR front brake disc after the original got too thin, mated with EBC SCO Carbon pads (F & R)

4) spidergrip PEAK grips on t 1/4 throttle tube

5) upgraded to a DT300 clutch pack and bell (cannot be seen of course)

6) phillips LED tail bulb

7) treated the engine oil with liqui moly ceratec.

« Last Edit: March 25, 2019, 08:57:42 AM by kneeslider »
2019 Yamaha X-Max 250

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()