Author Topic: WARNING about SPI Scooter Parts Int'l  (Read 4146 times)

johnson

• Johnson
    • View Profile
WARNING about SPI Scooter Parts Int'l
« on: February 22, 2014, 05:05:21 PM »
Someone on the local board mentioned they heard of trouble with not getting parts from this "company".   Then people started chiming in about bad experiences they'd had.   Order parts, get a box of foam or shop rags.

The company is http://www.spi-parts.com/

Buyer beware.   There is a lot of this going around on the internet right now.   My wife ordered shoes from a company and received a really nice dish sponge by registered mail.  So there was tracking and proof that something was shipped but it was not $60 shoes. 
People S250 - 2007
Honda Metropolitan - 2002
Lance Cali Classic 125 - 2012
Peace Verona 2012 - sold
Lance Cali Classic 50 - 2011 - sold

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
Re: WARNING about SPI Scooter Parts Int'l
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2014, 11:03:27 PM »
..I would also skip that sight...

..thanks Johnson!!
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

bongoman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2014, 01:45:41 AM »
Thanks Johnson.
2009 Xciting 500
2015 Lance Cali Classic 150
Adventure is a two-wheeled journey

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2014, 01:53:17 AM »
I ordered a big box of pretty sponges and...got some ladies' shoes and a bunch of Yamaha parts!
What the snitzzle?!
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

johnson

• Johnson
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2014, 06:49:17 AM »
I bet you look cute in my wife's size 8 sneakers Stig.  The red and white laces probably highlight your bloodshot eyes something purty.
People S250 - 2007
Honda Metropolitan - 2002
Lance Cali Classic 125 - 2012
Peace Verona 2012 - sold
Lance Cali Classic 50 - 2011 - sold

Yager200i

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2014, 12:39:19 AM »
FYI, Zombie recommends SPI Scooter Parts Int'l.

Apparently the rumors about them aren't true? Don't know, but I trust Zombie, so I've added SPI to my 'good sellers' list.

http://www.kymcoforum.com/index.php?topic=11581

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2014, 03:07:28 AM »
I ordered parts, they came but SPI is VERY bad at communicating the status of your order. After waiting two weeks with the order "processing" only after asking what was going on did i find out they ordered some of my polini parts from Italy. Good prices, but expect to wait a while and not get replies to questions, and assume anything that says in stock is actually back ordered.
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

atxscooterguy

• Two Wheels is Better than Four
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2015, 04:20:31 PM »
Has anyone ever ordered from an International Seller on Ebay? I'm finding a lot of Kymco parts in Italy for some reason.

'89 Honda CBR 600
'14 Kymco Like 200i

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2015, 04:36:45 PM »
Has anyone ever ordered from an International Seller on Ebay? I'm finding a lot of Kymco parts in Italy for some reason.

I have previously, can be a long time to ship but usually pretty safe because of eBay buyer protection. Can be very long shipping due to customs. ALL the good scooter parts come from Italy (most of the great aftermarket manufacturers are there, malossi, polini, dellorto etc.) and Germany, they are both HUGE on the scooter racing scene. Before you look on eBay, check out scooterattack.com, they are in germany and I've had awesome time buying from them. They actually got my parts here faster than SPI, and I ordered them the same day LOL, and SPI is in CALI!!!!?!?!? WTF!!!!! A little expensive to ship from scooterattack but lump a bunch together and make it worth it, they have stuff you'll never find in the USA.
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

bongoman

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2015, 10:38:04 PM »
I have previously, can be a long time to ship but usually pretty safe because of eBay buyer protection. Can be very long shipping due to customs. ALL the good scooter parts come from Italy (most of the great aftermarket manufacturers are there, malossi, polini, dellorto etc.) and Germany, they are both HUGE on the scooter racing scene. Before you look on eBay, check out scooterattack.com, they are in germany and I've had awesome time buying from them. They actually got my parts here faster than SPI, and I ordered them the same day LOL, and SPI is in CALI!!!!?!?!? WTF!!!!! A little expensive to ship from scooterattack but lump a bunch together and make it worth it, they have stuff you'll never find in the USA.

I just - 04/2015 - bought a Zard silencer from Zard Labs in Italy with no problem. Really nice with the euro almost even with the dollar. They are a kind of trusted dealer with the customs people which makes it easier and quicker to ship from 'across the pond' to here. So, one way to check a dealer's veracity would be to see if they are that kind of shipper, I reckon.

I really like the muffler, sounds better and runs a little smoother.
2009 Xciting 500
2015 Lance Cali Classic 150
Adventure is a two-wheeled journey

chaz35

• old guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2015, 04:22:02 AM »
SPI apparently can't ship Malossi to USA anymore.

I recently ordered a used kick starter from Germany on ebay, had the best price shipped.  Listing was in German, no problem, I used Google to translate it.  Everything looked OK, so I ordered.  Maybe took a little longer to get, but was a great price.  Was very cool.

With web and ebay, the world is my store.  Cheers
1st and 2nd usually have an unfair advantage.  3rd is usually the best, can learn the most from.  paraphrased from Don Quixote, over 400 years ago, still true today

guzziknight

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2015, 05:08:08 PM »
I ordered a $240 clutch for my Aprilia a couple of months ago from SPI. Got a confirmation email, then nothing. No replies to multiple phone calls or emails. This dragged on for weeks. I finally disputed the transaction through PayPal, and got a refund in a couple of weeks. SPI never even responded to PayPal!!!!

I understand if items are back ordered, but they really need to communicate better, actually, they just need to communicate...

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()