Author Topic: #82 and #84 advice? Now getting more air but less fuel.  (Read 1712 times)

SLOWsuper8

• View Profile
#82 and #84 advice? Now getting more air but less fuel.
« on: July 19, 2011, 11:33:40 PM »
I have a 2010 Super 8 50 4t and over the weekend we started to modify the airbox and take some restrictive pieces out of it... now you can even hear more air coming in but its more obvious now that its lacking fuel. Ive been searching all over the internet for the 82 or 84 mainjet and unsure if it has to be a kymco brand and where to get it? Ive found 2 places that sell them that are kymoc parts only, but they are either out of stock or not in english..  I really want to go with an #84 so if anyone can point me in the right direction I'd apprieciate it! thanks!

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
Re: #82 and #84 advice? Now getting more air but less fuel.
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2011, 10:17:04 AM »
I ordered 2 jets in the past from Tiapai scooter assassins and both were the wrong thread, despite me explaining to them exactly what I needed. After that I just took my old 80 jet out and drove over to my kymco dealer to buy one there, meant I was able to physically compare the threads to be sure they were correct.

I run with an 82 main in my A50 and that is just right on my scoot, checked the plug and its all good. It was running too rich before I drilled 3x holes into my stock airbox to trt get more air in. It actually worked out good and now its perfect.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

ianmac

• View Profile
Re: #82 and #84 advice? Now getting more air but less fuel.
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2011, 05:23:34 PM »
The one I got from Tapai was correct for my super 8 but they only have the #88

I was able to find a #85 on www.partsforscooters.com

I dont think they had a #84 however.

ONly other suggestion would be www.jetsrus.com

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()