Author Topic: 'Stage 1' Modifications for a Super 8 2T  (Read 1063 times)

ty_arnold

• View Profile
'Stage 1' Modifications for a Super 8 2T
« on: April 01, 2016, 06:47:20 AM »
Hi all, new to the forum. Looking to give my scooter a little bit more oomph, however I don't really want to be modifying the engine just yet (i.e no 70cc kits). What should be my first mods to gain a little bit of acceleration and top speed? The scooter is a 2016 Super 8 2T bought in Australia. It happily reaches 65kph on the flat no problems but I'd like it to accelerate a little faster. I'm fairly mechanically inclined, just don't really want to be pulling the engine apart on a pretty much new scooter. Any suggestions welcome. Thanks!

beermak

• View Profile
Re: 'Stage 1' Modifications for a Super 8 2T
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2016, 11:59:24 AM »
Id get a lighter set of rollers to begin with. Then exhaust air filter and a carb tune to match those. 

Enviado desde mi SM-G920I mediante Tapatalk

ty_arnold

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2016, 12:13:41 PM »
Id get a lighter set of rollers to begin with. Then exhaust air filter and a carb tune to match those. 

Thanks for your response. Do you know any good places to purchase rollers? And what weight rollers should I be looking at?

For the exhaust, should I de-restrict (remove the blind pipe) or purchase an aftermarket exhaust?

What sort of modifications should I be looking at for the air filter? I have examined it and there's a snorkel hose in the intake near the filter. I'd imagine removing this would increase airflow

Does the carb just need a bigger jet or is there more that needs to be done as well?

Thanks for your help!

beermak

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2016, 12:26:59 PM »
I did purchase my sliders from amazon last time. I dont have a 50cc so not sure which weight is best. Id say 5.5gr will make a big difference.
Pipe get a nice aftermarket thats going to make a huge difference as its a 2 stroke!
Carb needs to be rejetted and filter just throw a nice pod!

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()