Author Topic: Kymco Electric Motorcycle  (Read 6289 times)

skadamo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Kymco Electric Motorcycle
« on: September 20, 2008, 09:07:10 PM »
I hope this electric motorcycle makes it to the states.  I think electric holds a lot of potential, especially for dirt bikes and short haul machines.

He said that Taiwan's three major motorcycle makers -- Yamaha, Kymco and Sanyang -- will begin to market lithium battery-powered motorcycles between June and July next year. Recharging of the batteries will require removing them from the vehicle and plugging

http://www.etaiwannews.com/etn/news_content.php?id=743777
via
http://electricmotorcycleforum.com/boards/index.php?topic=133.0

ailixhomes

• View Profile
Re: Kymco Electric Motorcycle
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2012, 10:02:31 AM »
Motorcycle is available in different type of models and features. Kymco electric motorcycle is one type of best electronic bike. Its eco friendly features and great facility.

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2012, 01:05:57 PM »
I would be 100% behind electric vehicles but only once they can use renewable power to recharge them. By plugging them into the mains now all you do is move the emissions etc from the exhaust pipe to the power plant chimney. Recharge using renewables and you have a pretty clean product, def a lot better than petrol anyway for the planet.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

baddi

• Top speed: 38 km/h and fuel economy: 50 km/l
    • View Profile
    • My project fuel injection gallery
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2012, 01:30:21 PM »
I would be 100% behind electric vehicles but only once they can use renewable power to recharge them. By plugging them into the mains now all you do is move the emissions etc from the exhaust pipe to the power plant chimney. Recharge using renewables and you have a pretty clean product, def a lot better than petrol anyway for the planet.

The powerplant burns oil, coal and garbage way more effectively than your scooter burns fuel and they have big filters and cooling towers to clean the air before it leaves into the atmosphere (do your scooter have a catalysator? ;) ), so even without green energy, an electric vehicle would pollute way less than your scooter. ;D

And btw, unless Yamaha have changed owners, they are Japaneese and not Taiwaneese. ;)
First Kymco agility 50 (2008) 11.000+ km (dead)
Second kymco agility 50 (2010) 20.000+ km. Project Fuel Injection. Stolen.
Kymco K-pipe 125 (2014) 7400 km.

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2012, 01:56:41 PM »
Yeah but baddi the plants also lose masses of power once it leaves the plant and travels along power lines to your home to charge ypur scoot/car. If you can plug into the plant great, if not it prob not much more efficient at all, especially once you factor in tje transport to get the initial fuel to the plant etc too.

Give us all our own renewable personally power generator at home and we can basically ride for free with minimal impact on the enviroment. Thats what i want anyway.  :)
Chaos is my co-pilot.

baddi

• Top speed: 38 km/h and fuel economy: 50 km/l
    • View Profile
    • My project fuel injection gallery
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2012, 02:27:07 PM »
Yeah but baddi the plants also lose masses of power once it leaves the plant and travels along power lines to your home to charge ypur scoot/car. If you can plug into the plant great, if not it prob not much more efficient at all, especially once you factor in tje transport to get the initial fuel to the plant etc too.

Give us all our own renewable personally power generator at home and we can basically ride for free with minimal impact on the enviroment. Thats what i want anyway.  :)

Here you go, it generates power when you walk. How much more renewable can it get? xD

Joke aside. I don't really know how much power is lost during transportation, but i know that they transform to high voltage to loose less power. Anyway, there have been proposed plans of an international network of power grid here in europe and northern africa, which can make traditional powerplants almost unneccersary, as it will be fed from the great windmill parks in Denmark and Germany, Windmills + wave tamers ouside Hollands coast and wave tamers at the entrance to Venice Bay. North African countries will support with solar energy and others will support with Neuclear power, windmills geotherm plants, dams and whatever they might have of natural resources. :D

Perhaps not Neuclear energy, as several powerplants have been shut down after what happened in Japan, even though it like Tjernobyl was partially caused by old, misserviced plant and unprepared employees. :)
First Kymco agility 50 (2008) 11.000+ km (dead)
Second kymco agility 50 (2010) 20.000+ km. Project Fuel Injection. Stolen.
Kymco K-pipe 125 (2014) 7400 km.

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2012, 04:55:09 PM »
In Scotland our gov will not allow any new nuclear power station to be built, much to the annoyance of the english. We have a couple of old station still online but these will be decomissioned in the coming years as the reach the end of their life. We aim to be producing 100% of our electricity needs by renewables by 2020/2025 at the latest  ;D We have good hydro now, expanding onshore and offshore wind and tidal/undersea generators so its totally achievable. Think we have some of, if not THE, best winds in europe up north in the Highlands. Plans is that we should overproduce electricity eventually which we can then sell down to england.

Then i will def go electric.

About 7-10% is lost tho powerlines in general, if its copper or Aluminum lines. Im an maintenence electrician in a shipyard and when running supplies to ships we need to consider the distance of cable req, too long and we get volt drop due to the resistance of the cable. Granted powerlines are higher voltages than our 110, 240 & 440 supplies we run so will be more efficient but they still lose that 7-10%.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 05:24:54 PM by streido »
Chaos is my co-pilot.

mono

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2012, 05:42:12 PM »
I've been told that the loss in long distance powerlines is way more than the 7..10% that is acceptable for short on-site powerlines (which are more limited by considerations such as reliable functioning of fuses and insulation than the long distance high voltage lines as far as I understood)

I'll try to find some data on this now.... But keep in mind that the efficiency of our little engines will be worse than 30% when it comes to converting the chemical energy in gasoline to actual work... Although I wouldn't be surprised if the efficiency figures for coal powerplants are flattered in some way, there are serious commercial and political interests behind those...

Update : the figures for power losses between plant and user accourding to a few sources that I found vary from an optimistic 7..10% on a single wikipedia page to 15..17% in a number of other documents, add to that the losses of the powerplant itself, which for coal plants can be larger than 50% (!), the powersupply losses for the battery charger, thermal losses in the battery during charging and discharging and the efficiency of the motor and transmission itself..... My rough estimate is that the resulting overall efficiencies are quite comparable between a gasoline vehicle and an electric one...

The obvious advantage of electrical vehicles is that they can be charged with energy from renewable sources. But then again you must ask yourself how much of the energy that you use in your country is generated from non-renewable sources, to know if it's really eco-friendly to dump your gasoline drinking Kymco in a landfill somewhere and go electric  ;D
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 06:23:55 PM by mono »

eloisealsya

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2013, 04:09:52 AM »
In this modern days the usage of electronic bikes are becoming more famous, for this type of bikes charging is enough, no need to fill the fuel in the engine. So we can use these things as more comfortable and flexible manner.
Quality and comfortable []Motorcycle clothing

terminalbeard

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2013, 02:44:53 AM »
2013 Agility 125 Blue

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()