Author Topic: 40th Tokyo Motor Show 2007 in Japan-, KYMCO one of the only four international  (Read 3684 times)

obxbiker

• ADMIN/SITE BUILDER @ www.piwyr.co.cc
    • View Profile
    • ADMIN/SITE BUILDER
Kwang Yang Motor Co. Ltd., Taiwan's largest manufacturer of motorcycles and scooters, will premiere several new models at the upcoming 40th Tokyo Motor Show 2007 in Japan.

The trade show, one of the largest and most important of its kind in the world, will be held at Makuhari Messe in Chiba City from Oct. 26 to Nov. 11.

KYMCO is the only Taiwanese company--and one of the only four international firms--to meet the strict qualification standards set by the show organizers. KYMCO will showcase its products on the same stage as the top four Japanese brands:
Honda Motor Co. Ltd.,
Yamaha Motor Co. Ltd.,
Suzuki Motor Corp.
and Kawasaki Motors Corp.

The other three international companies showcasing their products at the show will be the:
U.S-based Harley-Davison Motor Co.,
Triumph Motorcycles Ltd. of England
and Italy's Ducati Motor Holding S.p.A.

KYMCO plans to use the occasion to debut the Myroad 700i, a 700cc electronic fuel-injected high-end scooter with the biggest engine ever produced by a Taiwanese motorcycle company.

« Last Edit: December 11, 2007, 06:00:23 PM by obxbiker »
Venox info @ www.piwyr.co.cc

2003 (3) Super9 LC's heavly modified........

2004 Modified Venox ''OBnoXious Nox'' ......

2006 ''Yellow NOX''.......

TeamTEOR

• Off to The Edge Of Reality
    • View Profile
    • TeamTEOR
All that info on the show and no major pics or other info released from Kymco, huh??? I look forward to more on the topic.
Riding my Xciting 500 off to The Edge Of Reality

obxbiker

• View Profile
    • ADMIN/SITE BUILDER
This was from a Taiwan news site.
Have you checked the Global site ?

TeamTEOR

• View Profile
    • TeamTEOR
Yeah, as best as I could. The highest listed is the Xciting 500. Cool little videos and stuff there, but I wish all of the pictures loaded.

skadamo

• Administrator
    • View Profile

TeamTEOR

• View Profile
    • TeamTEOR
« Last Edit: December 11, 2007, 06:42:17 AM by TeamTEOR »

obxbiker

• View Profile
    • ADMIN/SITE BUILDER
Yep , the QUANNON 125...anything under 250cc for a motorcycle and I do not see KYMCOUSA supporting it (they barely support the Venox, its just a ''after thought'' as to support)

Its called the KR Sport 125 in the UK. Here is an article:

YOU never forget your first ride.

No, not your first girlfriend you mucky lot - your first BIKE!

But which one do you go for? The market for beginner’s bikes is so competitive right now.

There the new Yamaha 2008 YZF-R125, Aprilia’s racy - yet pricey - RS125 and Honda’s rider-friendly CBR125.

But what about the Kymco KR Sport 125? I’ve just had a test ride and despite its 124.1cc single cylinder engine, its proportions seem more akin to a 250cc.

The seat height is a reasonable 780mm, so although it’s only fractionally higher than the CBR’s, its 2080mm length makes it a surprisingly good fit for taller bikers.

The air-cooled engine is relatively low-tech, but it does an adequate job with 13bhp at 10,000rpm and 7.3lb.ft of torque at 8,000rpm.

Launches initially feel pretty steady but keeping the throttle pinned I saw an indicated 62mph.

Haul

The engine spins longer than a whirling dervish and shows no signs of slowing as the needle swings towards 10,000rpm on the analogue rev counter.

The digital display has a fuel level and temperature gauge, clock, speedometer and trip meter. The cockpit’s not very refined, but is pretty comprehensive.

Trusting the tyres, which look like they’ve been pinched from Lance Armstrong’s pushbike, took some getting used to.

And stopping requires some forethought.

It’s no surprise the Kymco is heavier than the CBR it mimics and you’ll need a steady handful of brake to haul the still relatively featherweight 141kg of bike to a stop.

It’s not honed for performance, but still feels capable, without being dynamic. The handling is steady and the suspension adequate, like the steering lock.

If the ride quality feels acceptable, the finish needs more attention for Kymco to compete with the mighty Japanese.

The matt “stealth black” finish looks sharp when fresh, but marks easily.

In all, the Kymco is a relatively successful alternative to the hugely popular, more expensive CBR 125. And swapping from Japanese to Taiwanese could save you as much as £300. “supersized” 125. Maccy D’s can’t offer you that!

More Pics

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()