Author Topic: *NEW* Super 8  (Read 6864 times)

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
*NEW* Super 8
« on: February 04, 2015, 11:55:07 PM »
just got our first set of brochures for the new Super 8, and ewwwww. Why they would take the Agility and think they can call it a Super 8 is beyond me. It's a decent looking bike, but if anyone knows anything they will look at it and think it's an agility with naked bars. IMHO, and I'm sure I'll get flak for this, but I don't think Kymco USA is going the right direction. Almost all the newer bikes china made....... Kinda ugly (this is a personal opinion). Our best selling bikes of all time were the People 50 and 150, oh looks like we'll discontinue these! Smart! And now the China made 49cc are the same price as the Taiwan made 49cc? Thanks for passing on the savings Kymco! Also a fail, they did NOT plan ahead with the 2t import restrictions, they could have updated the "Super 8" with the 3v 4t engine the compagno had, but no, it's the same engine the old Agility 50 had. I LOVE my old Bet & Win 250, made in Taiwan. But it's getting harder and harder every day to tell people Kymco is the brand they want to go with. And I'm ashamed every time people say "Kymco is Taiwan right?" and I have to answer "well........ not these ones......". If you look at the Kymco Global website (Kymco.com), they have soooooooooo many awesome looking scooters AND motorcycles, why Kymco USA does not pick more of these is a huge question mark to me..... Don't get me wrong, the China Kymco is still vastly better than no name china bike, but not even close to the quality of the fully made in Taiwan kymco. All you need to do is tap the plastic and you can hear it.
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Re: *NEW* Super 8
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2015, 01:08:16 AM »
Sell this People One here and I'd buy another Kymco!
(might be  a clone of the fine looking Honda SH scooter - who cares -  it is a big wheeled scoot with EFI, and add some ABS & get back so you don't get trampled! But, I know squat about a lot of things - including scoot marketing. But I gotta agree with you on the People. They are so distinctively styled and look to be great urban run-abouts! Why the heck did they stop importing them to the States?! Oversee the operation and build me that scoot with workers from Taiwan, Thailand, China or India - I would not care. We're all humans doing the best we can. Give us a good design, good training and good tools and a good supervisor and we'll build it for you. Be damned if it has anything to do with the size or shape of their eyes. Shoot, there are Hondas made in Italy...an they still run OK! And Hondas made in Ohio - same,same!)
Stig

« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 01:11:07 AM by Stig »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2015, 01:44:49 AM »
I totally agree with you, our country is so screwed because we don't make ANYTHING anymore. We make food, and chemicals, and drugs. I don't think there's any competing, but I've tossed around the idea of designing my own electric scooters here in the good ol' USA and NO having them built in China. There are NO good electric scooters in the USA as of right now. I mean, 50mph with more than 50 mile range. We're good at being fat in the USA, got that down to a T. Oh and bitching bout' the Govmnt' thats another one that won't leave USA!
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2015, 05:34:01 AM »
Quote:
 We make food, and chemicals, and drugs.

Italians beat the heck out of us in food, India is the largest producer of chemicals in the world (cause no one cares if spills happen there), and Mexico makes the worlds best Meth.

You better get to crackin' on the scooter. I need a dependable way to drive to Vietnam.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 05:35:35 AM by zombie »
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

wkreps

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2015, 07:12:51 PM »
I too wonder the logic behind redesigning the Super8 around the agility platform. I would have rather seen them go toward  the Downtown platform. Although maybe just too much to haul for a 150cc.

On another note, I wish they hadn't retouched that first image.  :o I think it's Baroness Von Trap.
Wayne

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2015, 10:12:32 PM »
LOL KREPS! You Mad dog.
I used windows Magnifier, and found it WAS PhotoShoped.
I was going to post it but I had to resize, and it got lost again.

Great minds bro!
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

2wheelfun

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2015, 11:55:56 PM »
Any pics of the new super 8? Does it come in the 150cc size?

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2015, 05:07:46 AM »
page 602

GLV55

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2015, 05:15:14 AM »
Sell this People One here and I'd buy another Kymco!...But I gotta agree with you on the People. They are so distinctively styled and look to be great urban run-abouts! Why the heck did they stop importing them to the States?!
Stig
Aw, man!! You had to post those photos of the People One. Now you got me crying in my beer over my former People 150! Thanks a lot, Stig.  :'( Gawd, I miss that scooter. It was such a solid, awesome machine, and so smooth with those 16" wheels. (Frickin' drunk driver b@st@rd took it out after I had it only 4 months!  >:()
2014 Lance PCH 150
2007 Kymco People 150 (totaled by a drunk, Oct. 2013)
Nampa, ID

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2015, 05:55:38 AM »
Aw, man!! You had to post those photos of the People One. Now you got me crying in my beer over my former People 150! Thanks a lot, Stig.  :'( Gawd, I miss that scooter. It was such a solid, awesome machine, and so smooth with those 16" wheels. (Frickin' drunk driver b@st@rd took it out after I had it only 4 months!  >:()

I'm really sorry to hear that :\

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2015, 06:01:34 AM »
Please step away from the keyboard sir!

TLRam1

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2015, 07:51:01 AM »
Where was my 2010 PS250 made?
Terry
10 Kymco People S 250
87 Yamaha Riva 200 (Sold)
Allen TX (Dallas)
cli-maxridinggear.com

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2015, 05:35:13 PM »
Where was my 2010 PS250 made?

Taiwan all the way!!!! The bikes that are China made:
Super 8 50 (2t engine still made in Taiwan)
Super 8 150 (Full China)
Like 50 (2t engine Taiwan)
Like 200i (Full China)
Agility 50/125 China
the rest are still 100% Taiwan made and assembled.

TLRam1

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2015, 04:41:07 AM »
Taiwan all the way!!!! The bikes that are China made:
Super 8 50 (2t engine still made in Taiwan)
Super 8 150 (Full China)
Like 50 (2t engine Taiwan)
Like 200i (Full China)
Agility 50/125 China
the rest are still 100% Taiwan made and assembled.

That is good info to know, thanks.
Terry
10 Kymco People S 250
87 Yamaha Riva 200 (Sold)
Allen TX (Dallas)
cli-maxridinggear.com

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()