Author Topic: Final drive gear set  (Read 2369 times)

Dabby-D

• View Profile
Final drive gear set
« on: June 28, 2017, 05:38:24 PM »
     I have read around the forums that the final drive gears are no longer manufactured, what can be done to fabricate the same results?
i have seen something about using GY6 gearing and modifying a groove in the shaft for a cir clip, another post saying it was way off. Now that im building i feel a day late and a dollar short with the final piece of the puzzle to power missing haha.
2005 Super 9 LC - Airsal (T6) 73.8cc BBK
Battery: Chromes-Pro I-gel w/ self tester & LCD
Stator:(soon) Artek K2 rotor w/light
cooling:(soon) Bosh 12v water pump
Carb: 19mm PHGB (soon)Yoshimura 24
Air filter: Malossi E5 chrome
Variator: Malossi - Clutch: Malossi MHR Delta
Exhaust: technigas Next-R

chaz35

• old guy
    • View Profile
Re: Final drive gear set
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2017, 05:51:18 PM »
I have 2 Malossi final drive kits, different numbers, one supposed to fit People 50 2T (it didn't), and the other for Super 9 LC (I don't know it it fits, haven't tried it yet).

I did a lot or research on final drive, and info very skimpy, not reliable.  I do know without final drive, 70cc kit doesn't really increase top speed, but you get there faster, and can stay there into head winds/ going up hills.  70cc kit is nice, but you really need final drive kit to make it work the best IMO.

Look around, there are final drive kits still out there, they come up on ebay from time to time.  I don't want to sell mine because I might still use one of them.  I still have 03 Orange Super 9 LC in very good condition, low miles that I like a lot, but haven't done much to make it go fast yet.  Cheers
1st and 2nd usually have an unfair advantage.  3rd is usually the best, can learn the most from.  paraphrased from Don Quixote, over 400 years ago, still true today

Dabby-D

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2017, 07:42:14 PM »
Yea, from what i have read, the Stage6 kit will not fit a LC model, but will an AC model. that there are two different malossi kits for super 9s, and the part numbers were M6711055, and M6711802. The M6711055 I think is the AC models and the M6711802 for the LC models. I know finding ones like finding four leaf clovers, but manufacturing one seems the only option these days. I know that pressing a gear in the secondary gearset wouldnt be terrible but the gear on the drive shaft is what im not sure is pressed or not. you have to have the gearing corrected straight instead of at an angle and have your desired tooth ratio and fitment. Im going to take it apart at some point soon and so i expect that i will see whether they welded or pressed or what they did to have the gear on the drive shaft. if they are all pressed on there then im curious how interchangeable or compatible they are. You know whats up tho, a Big bore just isnt a Big bore if its not using all its power.
2005 Super 9 LC - Airsal (T6) 73.8cc BBK
Battery: Chromes-Pro I-gel w/ self tester & LCD
Stator:(soon) Artek K2 rotor w/light
cooling:(soon) Bosh 12v water pump
Carb: 19mm PHGB (soon)Yoshimura 24
Air filter: Malossi E5 chrome
Variator: Malossi - Clutch: Malossi MHR Delta
Exhaust: technigas Next-R

chaz35

• old guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2017, 07:57:40 PM »
the gear is pressed on the shaft, Stage 6 gear comes assembled, Malossi is not assembled...
1st and 2nd usually have an unfair advantage.  3rd is usually the best, can learn the most from.  paraphrased from Don Quixote, over 400 years ago, still true today

2StrokeVapors

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2022, 02:32:42 AM »
Look at what I found.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()