Author Topic: 2011 people 50 2T wont start after carb cleaning  (Read 3747 times)

mach65

• View Profile
Re: 2011 people 50 2T wont start after carb cleaning
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2018, 11:12:37 PM »
sorry for the delay post but just back from 3 weeks vacation and finally had time to install the manual fuel shut off.  all went as planned, had to cut off one stud that was for mounting the factory auto fuel filter/cock assembly and drill out the bracket to mount the new manual fuel shut off valve, worked like a champ!!!  thing runs great again, shouldn't have any more problems with that any time soon now, shoulda done that from the beginning and i'd be 50 bucks ahead with no down time.  took about an hour to do it all, took my time and drank a beer while installing the new parts.  hey what is the line that ties into the muffler and where does it go?  its rubber from somewhere under the scooter then metal to the muffler, can i just cut all that out?

mach65

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2018, 12:09:17 AM »
its the secondary air system.........  any benefits for removing it?

eamartin

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2018, 02:16:32 AM »
Is this connected to a pipe which connects to the exhaust header not far from the head?  If so, it's likely got something to do with burning off unignited fuel so as as to help with emissions compliance.  I could be totally wrong and admit it, so someone correct me.  However, if this IS the case, I believe some Kymco 2-stroke owners have been known to saw this pipe off at the header connection, weld in a patch and improve their machine's performance.  I have not done this.

mach65

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2018, 10:30:38 AM »
you are correct that is the pipe i am talking about............  not gonna cut it out, does not seem worth it plus i have read and seeen horror stories on you tube about burning up the motor by making mods to air and intake and exhaust.  i have the machine going 41 mph with just the deristricted boss and if i wanna go faster, i will ride my harley.

eamartin

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2018, 11:03:36 AM »
41 mph seems very good to me.

mach65

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2018, 11:25:39 PM »
cheers thanks for your help!!

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()