Author Topic: Lost key for Agility RS 50  (Read 764 times)

Stellagod

• View Profile
Lost key for Agility RS 50
« on: June 27, 2014, 09:18:20 PM »
Hi, can anyone help? I've lost my only key for my RS 50. Is there a generic key, or can you force the ignition barrel without f***ing the scoot up?
CHEERS?

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Lost key for Agility RS 50
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2014, 02:46:16 AM »
Using a 1/16th inch drill bit you can drill into the tumblers. Once you clear the last tumbler it is easy to break them off with a screwdriver.

Then head to your local key shop, and buy any key that is similar size to your old one. It can be left blank, and will work.

"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2014, 01:29:58 AM »
I took my scoot to a yamaha dealer and they made a key right there.

GLV55

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2014, 03:16:46 PM »
You can also take it to the local locksmith and have them make a key. Most can be impression end fairly easily, or the can usually pull the cylinder plug right out and then make a key easily. You don't have to drill anything or destroy the cylinder. We do this all the time at the shop I work for in the summer.
2014 Lance PCH 150
2007 Kymco People 150 (totaled by a drunk, Oct. 2013)
Nampa, ID

Stellagod

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2014, 07:17:36 PM »
Thanks. A bit too late for me. I've already taken Zombie's advice. Worked like a treat and only took seconds, only problem is any small key will start it now. On the up side I didn't spend any more money on what has become a bit of a money pit!
Cheers again for the advice

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2014, 08:47:50 PM »
Always happy to save a few bucks. My ZX has been drilled for years, and my 4t is push button start.

I wish they would get stolen...
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()