Author Topic: First scooter  (Read 4562 times)

Debbiemtl

• View Profile
Re: First scooter
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2016, 06:01:07 PM »
Woohoo ! Finished my scooter class last night....what a difference.Also labor day shopping mall parking lot was helpful :)

I have decided to trade in my scooter.I trained on a rukus and am more comfortable with both feet on the ground. I will be losing $ but thats ok for me ....I am getting a Honda Giorino (hope I spelled that right)

Scooter class was amazing.

Thanks again for the tips
Debbie

ScooterWolf

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2016, 12:43:37 AM »
Congrats, Debbie! I take it this means you've passed the class, and have the honor of having the Class M endorsement on your license? Post pics of the new bike when you can.

Congrats again!

- Wolf

Mr. Paul

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2016, 06:56:26 PM »
Congratulations Debbie! The Honda is a niiice scooter.  I believe it is called the Metropolitan here in the states. What year is it?
2009 Kymco People 150
1993 Honda Helix

Debbiemtl

• View Profile
First scooter
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2016, 02:12:11 AM »
It is  a 2016, yes I found out it is the 'Metropolitain' in the US. Ok, so now I no longer have a Kymco, can I still post here ? :o

Since it is only a 50 cc I did not have to get licensed, they allowed me to take the course with the teenagers and they are all off now to write their exams and I get to practise running around  my quiet neighbourhood and empty parking lots.

I am riding so much better after my course and on a smaller scooter. Funny thing is I got used to putting my left foot down and this has been my go to when stopping. I am also finding it easier to manuever like putting on stand and backing up using my feet, it is so much lighter.

Got her on Wednesday she now has a whopping 30 kilometres
« Last Edit: September 18, 2016, 02:30:05 AM by Debbiemtl »

PaulF

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2016, 04:47:35 AM »
Looks good, hope you have a lot of fun on her.  :)   Don't forget to wear bright colors to offset the darkness of your scooter.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2016, 10:23:16 AM »
Very nice scooter.
Good for you!
Wish Honda would take on a bigger version this classic step-through scooter design with a 150-250 engine.
The SH is a great scooter. ..but darn few in the States.....plus not classic shape.
Would like to see Yamaha bring back a larger Vino.
As it stands...it is buy a LIKE or a Vespa.  More choices would be nice.
Anyway....great little scooter!
Enjoy!
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

ScooterWolf

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2016, 12:47:56 PM »
Great pic! The first scooter I rode was a Metropolitan. I had rented one many times when I had my permit, and used it to ride around the city and for parking lot practice. The experienced helped me ace the BRC, and gain my license.

And yes, you can still post here. We love Kymco scoots, but a rider is still a rider. Share pics, ask questions and share your experiences.

- Wolf

SteveADV

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2016, 01:53:57 PM »
It is  a 2016, yes I found out it is the 'Metropolitain' in the US. Ok, so now I no longer have a Kymco, can I still post here ? :o .....

Ha. Are you kidding? Hearing from someone new and learning is big fun for guys and gals that have been riding for awhile. And that is a good looking bike. Keep posting your experiences. We just might learn something from you. :D

mclark999

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2016, 10:58:59 PM »
It is  a 2016, yes I found out it is the 'Metropolitain' in the US. Ok, so now I no longer have a Kymco, can I still post here ? :o

Since it is only a 50 cc I did not have to get licensed, they allowed me to take the course with the teenagers and they are all off now to write their exams and I get to practise running around  my quiet neighbourhood and empty parking lots.

I am riding so much better after my course and on a smaller scooter. Funny thing is I got used to putting my left foot down and this has been my go to when stopping. I am also finding it easier to manuever like putting on stand and backing up using my feet, it is so much lighter.

My wife has a Metropolitan and I do all the maintenance and ride it quite a bit. If you have any questions about it, let me know.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Denver, Colorado, USA 5,300 Feet Elevation

2007 Kymco People 50 2T
Tecnigas Trek exhaust
OEM variator with 6 gram rollers
OEM 16mm carburetor

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2016, 02:34:16 PM »
Knew a guy in Denver with a Honda Metro and he rode it everywhere since THAT was his transportation. He rode it for fun, too. Rode to Silerton, I think, which is about 100 miles from Denver and about 3 to 5 thousand feet higher! He had over 8000 miles on it when I knew him. Welcome to the nut farm here, since we like to have fun and help each other. The Hondas are the standard for the world and you may be unaware that Kymco made their living making engine units for Honda in '63 since Honda could no keep up with the world demand! I think it was '68 that Honda cut 'em loose to do their own thing. So your Metro is real, REAL similar to the Kymco's. So don't be a stranger!

Karl

Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

mclark999

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2016, 01:16:38 PM »
I'm in Denver and live that we can park our scooters on the sidewalk or anywhere you can park a bike. Don't know how that guy rode his Met into Silverton. I can barely get my wife's up the hill to our house. She does okay on it but she only weighs 135 pounds.

2007 Kymco People 50 2T
Tecnigas Trek exhaust
OEM 16mm carburetor

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2016, 07:53:48 PM »
My bad! Salida. Still a haul for a 50 and up as well. He may have scaled 150 pounds.

Karl
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

mclark999

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2016, 01:53:14 PM »
My bad! Salida. Still a haul for a 50 and up as well. He may have scaled 150 pounds.

Karl
Still impressive

2007 Kymco People 50 2T
Tecnigas Trek exhaust
OEM 16mm carburetor

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()