Author Topic: Agility 125 vs other scooters  (Read 3600 times)

skadamo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Agility 125 vs other scooters
« on: January 04, 2008, 08:46:59 PM »
Hey Agility 125 owners!

Why did you choose this scooter over a smaller or larger scooter?

I see the 125 is about 30 lbs heavier than the Agility 50.  200ish vs 230ish.  Does the extra power make up for it?  Is the 125 “just right”?  Not too big, not to small?  Or was it just the looks?

GorgeZeph

• View Profile
Re: Agility 125 vs other scooters
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2008, 02:28:28 AM »
It took me 17 years to convence my wife to allow me back on 2 wheels. At the time, we just moved and the 125 was pretty much all the cash I could come up with.

Now I want to upgrade. I find the 125 a kick, but would like just a little more on the freeway. The Agility does it, but anything resembling a hill slows me down (drastically).

I have been shopping the other scoots. I think that a 400 would be great, but some folks in the scooter club (that have 400's) are telling me that a 250 is the sweet spot. I like the cost of the 250's, but it doesn't really save if I'm not happy with it.

skadamo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2008, 03:57:48 AM »
I hear ya on the $ constraints.  What part of the world do you live in?  I am in the chicago area.  Not to many hills. :D

Ronin

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2008, 02:09:30 AM »
Since I'm coming from a 50cc QJ bike, I just don't know what to do with all the power. Once the real riding season is back (here in flat Michigan), I may mess with some roller weights, but I really like the feel of the scoot so far.
Ronin
Agility 125/Bajaj Legend 150

GorgeZeph

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2008, 02:22:34 AM »
This is the Pacific Northwest. The hills make for real seanic riding. But there are lots of them. We go from sea level to 11K feet. So, that can use up 125cc pretty fast..

Hey you two..... what is the speed limit on the highways back there???? We run 70 here, but the traffic always pushes it...

DarbyWalters

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2008, 06:22:28 PM »
I am looking at the Agility 125 because of price and a bit more speed/acceleration. I have had a Lambretta DUE50 (Adly Panther 50 2T) for just over a month and love it...but I weight 230# and can barely hit 37mph. It also take a while to get to 30mph. With a tailwind or slight down grade, I can see 40mph. The Speedo is spot on and the 37mph is exactly what Lambretta/Adly says it will go with the derestriction (removing spacer in the CVT). I am getting 77mpg and am happy with that but a bit more "grunt" would be nice. I think I can sell this to my friends...his girl wants to use it to ride to work and she is only about 120#. I kind of want to wait to see if the Agility City 125 makes it stateside first. I need to find a bike with plenty of legroom like the Lambretta.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2008, 06:24:06 PM by DarbyWalters »

Ronin

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2008, 01:38:12 PM »
This is the Pacific Northwest. The hills make for real seanic riding. But there are lots of them. We go from sea level to 11K feet. So, that can use up 125cc pretty fast..

Hey you two..... what is the speed limit on the highways back there???? We run 70 here, but the traffic always pushes it...

Here in metro Detroit, the speed limit is something like 70 on most highways/freeways, more likely 80 - 85 in real life. Hence, I don't take the Agility on the highway. That and it's illegal to take anything under 150cc on a highway in Michigan. I don't take my Bajaj Legend shifty (150cc) on the highway either, as I would surely become a pancake!

Ronin
Agility 125/Bajaj Legend 150

125ccsofury

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2008, 01:45:20 PM »
I chose it due to cost and looks along with the Kymco reputation for quality scooters.  The 125 displacement is perfect for my 20 mile one way commute on 45 mph NW PA backroads.  I find 45 mph is the sweet spot for optimum fuel economy but it's nice to know if I have to bump it up to 55 to 60 mph I have the extra power.  I'm not that big either so I am able to hold my speed on most hills around here.  Any smaller wouldn't be enough and any more would be too much.  3,000 miles and no problems, very happy with my choice just hoping I can ride through November before the snow starts to fall.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()