Author Topic: 2007 agility 125 or 2008 lance powersports venice 150 ???  (Read 2521 times)

guillemjw

• View Profile
2007 agility 125 or 2008 lance powersports venice 150 ???
« on: April 06, 2008, 07:18:13 PM »
I want to buy a scooter, but I don't know a lot about it... I am hesitating between these two. If anyone has any helpful suggestion.
I found many informations on kymco, which seems to be a famous brand. But I found almost nothing regarding lance powersports scooters. Is it a famous brand too?
« Last Edit: April 07, 2008, 04:48:28 AM by guillemjw »

2hd

• View Profile
Re: 2007 agility 125 or 2008 lance powersports venice 150 ???
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2008, 05:58:08 PM »
Well, I don't have any first hand experience of that company but bear in mind that their scooters are all imported from mainland China. Even if the build quality is better than most of the Chinese scooters I'd be concerned about parts further down the line.

Kymco stock their parts in the countries where they sell their scooters. Whenever I've ordered a Kymco part it has always arrived the next day. Plus, if you keep your scooter stock, and don't do any radical mods, Kymco engines are pretty much bullet-proof.

I'd go Kymco if I were you!

kriden

• 2012 Like 200i
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2008, 06:55:14 PM »
I agree with 2hd.  I have heard a lot of issues with the Chinese scooters.  Lance sells basically the same stuff as Flyscooters and Q-Link.  If you have any doubts, you have to stick with a company like Kymco with a strong network of dealers and parts distributors.

I have owned many scooters over the years and for the money I’d put the Agility 125 up against anything out there.  I am very impressed with the quality and power of this little scoot. 

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Enjoy and be safe.

jprestonian

• 2007 Kymco People 250, 2011 Honda PCX
    • View Profile
    • a scooter called wanda
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2008, 02:57:06 AM »
I keep hearing good things about the Lance (Znen?) line. Supposedly pretty high-quality for mainland Chinese, from what I've read from owners.

Also, keep in mind the Agilitys are also built on the mainland, but supposedly under the very watchful eye of Kymco Taiwan's QC folks, and in a plant that Kwang Yang owns.

chadhargis

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2008, 03:44:45 PM »
The Agility doesn't have the bells and whistles of some scoots, but it seems to be solid. I really wish they'd have build in a little cubby up front, but that's something I might try to rig up myself. Just want a place to toss my wallet and cell phone for quick errands especially when I at the track in race leathers. They don't have pockets, and tucking my wallet and phone in my waistbaid is uncomfortable and getting off the raise the seat is an inconvenience.

I'll see if I can rig something up out of cardboard first and try it. If it works, I'll get a sheet of plastic and fab up a little cubbie. Just have to figure out the best way to attach it. I don't think glue or epoxy will hold. Might have to drill the front fairing and put some small screws into metal brackets.

kriden

• 2012 Like 200i
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2008, 02:33:19 AM »
Hey chadhargis,

I have been thinking about some sort of cubby as well.  You may have figured this out by now, but just in case...there are six screws that hold the front body panel/headlight piece to the black body.  They are easy to see from the the inside cowling. 3 on each side of the steering down tube.  Once those are off, there is just one more chromed screw on the front by the headlight.  If you take that piece off (5 minutes tops), you will have full access to the area behind where the cubby would go.  You would be able to then use a nut and bolt to secure your cubby.

Good luck.  i am trying to locate something that might fit and will keep you posted.

Be safe,

Kris

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()