Author Topic: Wiring HELP!  (Read 5771 times)

springer

• View Profile
Wiring HELP!
« on: February 17, 2020, 11:00:32 PM »
ok if this thread gets any hits i can post pics. they want 250 for a new harness and 90 for a new lock assembly.
scooter was stolen, they blow torched the trim to get to the lock assembly wiring. cut it behind both 5p connectors.
ofc with it being a kymco the wire colors dont match, i cant just easily wire it straight into the back of the switch. i need help.
coming out of the back of switch ive got 2 green, 1 black, 1 red, 1 blue with yellow stripe. coming from the battery, etc, ive got 2 red (1 thick 1 thin) 2 black with blue stripe, and 1 solid black(thinner). they are grouped 2 red 1 black with blue and then 1 black with blue and thin black.  ive tried extending the wires out of the back of the switch and tried just about every combination. is there possibly a fused connector im missing or something? i cant figure this out, cant afford new harness, and this is my only transportation. any help is appreciated.

Edit: i think there are two connectors. two prong four pin, and the blue yellow wire connects by itself to something.  Id like to explore just finding some suitable connectors and maybe even resoldering new wire to the back of the switch.  If i only knew what wire went where. I just cant afford 250 for a whole new harness and another 90 for a new lock... the one i have is fine just the ends are clipped. 
« Last Edit: February 18, 2020, 02:34:58 PM by springer »

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
Re: Wiring HELP!
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2020, 12:20:21 AM »
See if you can download a wiring diagram from the internet for your model. First.
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

springer

• View Profile
Re: Wiring HELP!
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2020, 02:27:41 PM »
Believe me I have scoured search engines.  Everything that comes up is some other model. There is very little on the 110 compagno.
Seems like the agility is the most common, and everything that does come up for compagno is related to the 50. The closest ive gotten was scooterdynasty having a 50 ignition lock asembly which is very close to the one i have taken off right now. If i could only see how the two plugs interact i might be able to wire it directly, correctly. Unless something else happens at the plugs.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()