Author Topic: Venox Owner Since May/ Joined Forum Today  (Read 4433 times)

Mike-the-Bike

• View Profile
Re: Venox Owner Since May/ Joined Forum Today
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2013, 02:25:53 PM »
5 of 6 parts are in the FedEx truck out for today's delivery.  Starter relay still on order from Taiwan.  While waiting for the parts, I took off the 4 "fake" cylinder head covers and sanded off the silver paint on the edges of the fins, then polished the exposed aluminum to a chrome-like sheen.  Looks great, but I'm thinking off painting the valleys satin black for even better contrast.   Last month, I also chopped the rear fender (the black plastic part), and cut off the inner baffles from the mufflers (as per the tech guy at Kymco USA in South Carolina).  Re-riveted the end caps back on, and sounded great--when it was actually running.

Here is a photo from last month; I have since painted the lower frame covers gloss black...

« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 02:31:19 PM by Mike-the-Bike »

jphanna

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2013, 11:08:27 PM »
Hi mate,

sorry to hear of your constant problems!!  i thought only HYOSUNGS were that problematic......

i got my new 2012 Venox last week.  i have only done 300kms (220 miles?) and so far no sign of any hassles, but after reading this, i am wondering what lies ahead!!!

i got the red one like you.   great looking colour. i hope you sort out the bugs.

john
Venox - the best looking mini cruiser

Mike-the-Bike

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2013, 10:39:53 PM »
Yours has fuel injection, so you should be fine.   I think my carbs have a problem, because after replacing the spark plugs, air filter, fuel filter & petcock, tank breather canister, draining and cleaning the tank, lubing the gas cap mechanism, and putting 3.7 gallons of fresh (non ethanol) gasoline with sea foam in it, the problem reared its ugly head while test riding today.   At 25 miles into the ride, the engine started losing power, to the point where I could pull in the clutch and the engine would simply die, even at WOT.  Popping out the clutch (at about 30 mph) would re-start the engine.  Did this a few times on a rural road for about a half mile, until the engine came back to full power, inexplicably.    Rode fine for another 25 miles back to my driveway.  Maybe just a temporary clog in one of the carb jets?  If anything is clogging the jets, it's not coming from the tank; maybe the old rubber fuel lines are deteriorating inside and little bits are breaking off?   Maybe the stealership simply sprayed carb cleaner on the outside of my carbs and charged me $325.00 back in July?  Other than the brief problem in the middle of my ride, everything else was great.  We'll see if that happens again next ride.

max oradea

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2013, 08:58:04 PM »
when you are having the issue of loss of power, pull to the side of the road let the sparks cool down then check them to see if you are losing power with lean mixture or fouled plugs. check both and adjust the idle mixture screw. if that does not help at all then carb strip and clean is needed.

Mike-the-Bike

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2013, 04:52:32 PM »
Max, is it one screw for both carbs?  The service manual is vague on which screws are which on the carbs.  I am running too rich as evidenced by the soot in the mufflers (and the low gas mileage I'm getting--about 45 MPG).    What is that black plastic knob on the end of a cable that sits between the cylinders on the right side of the engine?    There are two long, brass screws on the carbs--are these the air/fuel mixture screws?  If so, if I turn them out 1/4 turn to lean the mixture, will that 1/4 turn be enough?  How would that affect performance?

max oradea

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2013, 05:42:25 PM »
hey buddy sorry took so long to reply.
the black plastic nob is for idle control for full close throttle, the brass screws are what you need to adjust. turn in to lean and turn out to richen. its a fuel mixture screw now an air mixture screw, so turning it in will reduce the amount of fuel. you have a new air filter right?

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()