Author Topic: New guy with a 2013 Super 8  (Read 653 times)

Otter

• View Profile
New guy with a 2013 Super 8
« on: March 03, 2015, 12:20:52 PM »
So I just bought a 2013 Super 8 (new old stock) and love it.  I’ve been riding big bikes for 20+ years.  Long story short, a family member had a 33 yr old Honda 80 cc 2 stroke that was collecting dust in a garage.  It was given to me to in disrepair.  After I got it running I rode the hell out of it last summer and didn’t touch my 1000 cc sport bike all year, had WAY more fun on the scooter.  Anyway, I’ve since sold the big bike, then blew up the worn out 33 yr old Honda scooter (wasn’t worth fixing).  So that’s how I got into the scooter world.  I would like to do some reasonable mods just because (I know I could just leave it alone).  I’m having trouble following some of the lingo on the sight, and as I research topics I can’t seem to determine what some safe mods would be.  I’m thinking pipe, jet kit and????.  Some of my concerns are some people say you must re-jet with any new pipe, some say you don’t.  I’m going to be doing this one thing at a time so I’m not down for too long.  Can anyone give me some firsthand knowledge on specific items they have used that have worked out well without turning the scooter into a temperamental basket case?     

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()