Author Topic: Join the club  (Read 6032 times)

Ernst

• View Profile
Re: Join the club
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2020, 10:49:33 PM »
Sounds like a great outing. Glad you’re enjoying it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This run was a whim. I simply went east when home was west.

I want to do a day trip, with camera this time, to Groveland and the "Party Bridge."  Cross over to Sonora and either stay the night or come on home.
I want to post pictures here of the proper road trip.
If it happens here soon it should be a nice read for everyone.

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2020, 11:34:48 PM »
Great! Waiting for your report with pictures!
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

Neil955i

• Cheshire, UK. The older I get, the faster I was...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2020, 07:48:32 AM »
Yep, we do love a vicarious ride!
[emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Regards & ride safe,
Neil

Current garage:  Kymco DTX360 & Triumph Street Triple 675R
Past bikes: BSA C15. Honda S/wing (GL500). Kawasaki GPz750. BMW K100RS. Kawasaki GPZ900R. Yamaha FJ1200 x2. Sprint. Triumph Daytona 900. Kawasaki ZX-7R. T595 Daytona. Kawasaki ZX-9R x2. Triumph Daytona 955i. X-Town

Ernst

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2020, 05:52:02 AM »
I am looking into a two day trip. Let me see if I can afford it.

Ernst

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2020, 09:00:54 PM »
California is on lock-down again from covid-19. Looking at August for a road trip.

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2020, 09:09:07 PM »
Go anyway!
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

Ernst

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2020, 09:27:53 PM »
I'll wait.  There is a place that has live music that is closed again right now. I want to party there so I'll wait. They should be open in August.
Let me say, I am planning a Yosemite ride. 

Ernst

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2020, 08:51:20 AM »
After catching up on the reading of the news it looks like President Trump and Mitch McConnell want to do at least a $2000.00 stimulus check in August. Trump has said he wants to do a $4000.00 per person stimulus check but we cannot believe what Trump says; from experience.  I will have the money for a nice ride in August if they do I do believe.
 I read that McConnell is saying the Senete will be "Rushing" to get checks out before they go back on break August 10th. They are on a 2 week break for the 4th of July right now.
 So I need a new riding jacket and hotel costs near Yosemite national park are crazy expensive, so I welcome the stimulus. Now to find an an American Company that makes riding jackets for big Men.
 Covid-19 Summer looks okay so far.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2020, 11:59:22 AM »
After catching up on the reading of the news it looks like President Trump and Mitch McConnell want to do at least a $2000.00 stimulus check in August. Trump has said he wants to do a $4000.00 per person stimulus check but we cannot believe what Trump says; from experience.  I will have the money for a nice ride in August if they do I do believe.
 I read that McConnell is saying the Senete will be "Rushing" to get checks out before they go back on break August 10th. They are on a 2 week break for the 4th of July right now.
 So I need a new riding jacket and hotel costs near Yosemite national park are crazy expensive, so I welcome the stimulus. Now to find an an American Company that makes riding jackets for big Men.
 Covid-19 Summer looks okay so far.
More than half of Ohioans used their stimulus checks to buy food. Housing and utilities were another concern.
With unemployment figures rising to as high as 17.6%  people here have important plans for their money.
I suspect this is true for many Americans.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Neil955i

• Cheshire, UK. The older I get, the faster I was...
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2020, 05:24:12 PM »
Tough times for many I suspect Stig.  Over in the UK many pundits speculating unemployment could hit 4m.  If so worst in my lifetime...
Regards & ride safe,
Neil

Current garage:  Kymco DTX360 & Triumph Street Triple 675R
Past bikes: BSA C15. Honda S/wing (GL500). Kawasaki GPz750. BMW K100RS. Kawasaki GPZ900R. Yamaha FJ1200 x2. Sprint. Triumph Daytona 900. Kawasaki ZX-7R. T595 Daytona. Kawasaki ZX-9R x2. Triumph Daytona 955i. X-Town

scooterfan

• Durban, South Africa to Ankeny IA.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2020, 01:22:01 AM »
Well we are having huge problems in South Africa. Although the official unemployment rate is 31%, the real rate is more than 38%. Simply because many people stopped looking for jobs because there are no jobs. Our government’s “31%” figure does not include many people who gave up hope, and stopped looking for jobs.

On top of this, we are sitting with an extremely corrupt and inefficient government. Since this Covid epidemic alone, Billions of South African Rands of the so called “Covid Relief Fund” have disappeared due to corruption in our government structures.
This is causing an enormous crime problem in our country in general. There is no discipline, and many poor people just steal whatever they can to survive.

As far as Covid is concerned - we are currently sitting at nr 5 position (infected rate per capita) in the world - and we are heading to the nr 1 position real quick.

We can only hope for a better future - only time will when that is going to happen.

https://mg.co.za/article/2019-08-05-unemployment-in-south-africa-is-worse-than-you-think/

https://www.iol.co.za/dailynews/opinion/letter-forget-about-coronavirus-sa-is-swallowed-up-by-corruption-pandemic-49835934

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2795085630567995/permalink/3159879664088588/
« Last Edit: July 19, 2020, 07:35:45 AM by scooterfan »
Life is a journey. Just spend some time, and enjoy the trip.

scooterfan

• Durban, South Africa to Ankeny IA.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2020, 04:39:35 AM »
I was wondering how the spread in the African Nations and India might go. Then again rural areas like them such as Ohio USA are just starting to take off.
 I got a feeling the worst of Covid-19 will take another year to get to.

I have my eyes on the stimulus negotiations here. I hope Congress can function or else we need Democrats again to repair our Government.

Unfortunately in rural areas in our country many people beleived they would be immune to the virus. Others beleived the virus did not exist -they beleived was just a story made up by white people to scare them. Many still disrespect locdown rules and carry on as normal.
This already has huge complications for all citizens, including the rest of Africa. We have millions of illegal imigrants from Africa and since lockdown they had no financial support from our government. So they started leaving, spreading the virus in Africa.

I am more than convinced that South Africa will soon have the highest infection rate in the world.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2020, 04:42:15 AM by scooterfan »
Life is a journey. Just spend some time, and enjoy the trip.

Stefan0714

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2020, 09:46:16 AM »
Hi all,

I am also joining the club I got 2013 Myroad black and I immediately realized I am the only one that owns it in the entire country.

Absolutely 0 parts and service support.

I imported it from Bulgaria to Serbia because I thought it was awesome, payed a premium as well, but didn't do much research unfortunately.

I have a really weird problem with it and would love to hear opinions on it as I see there are a lot of people here .
There is this weird sound when the bike is cold that changes in a different rubbing( only audible on acceleration)  sound when hot.
I had 3 shops look at it and no one realized what is it.

Things I have done is oil change and all filters as well as rollers.
Got the clutch bell sanded a bit as well as clutch pads and cleaned the entire transmission.

Here is the sound :
« Last Edit: July 21, 2020, 09:50:02 AM by Stefan0714 »

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2020, 03:16:33 PM »
Hi all,

I am also joining the club I got 2013 Myroad black and I immediately realized I am the only one that owns it in the entire country.

Absolutely 0 parts and service support.

I imported it from Bulgaria to Serbia because I thought it was awesome, payed a premium as well, but didn't do much research unfortunately.

I have a really weird problem with it and would love to hear opinions on it as I see there are a lot of people here .
There is this weird sound when the bike is cold that changes in a different rubbing( only audible on acceleration)  sound when hot.
I had 3 shops look at it and no one realized what is it.

Things I have done is oil change and all filters as well as rollers.
Got the clutch bell sanded a bit as well as clutch pads and cleaned the entire transmission.

Here is the sound :

Have you looked for signs of the belt rubbing in the belt cover?
A not uncommon problem on some big scooters - and generally nothing to be concerned about if you find that to be the case.

Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Stefan0714

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2020, 03:59:28 PM »
Hi, all the mechanics that inspected the transmission said all is well in there, I'm not that technically inclined so I am not sure what to look for, here are some pictures if they are of any help.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()