Author Topic: xciting 400i  (Read 1685 times)

Iko2000

• View Profile
xciting 400i
« on: December 29, 2018, 06:55:23 PM »
Hi guys,few months ago i bought crashed xciting 400i 2017 with low kilometres.
It slide on the road and had front impact with the tree, in any case impact was strong on upper front part of the bike so part of the dashboard was broken,i bought used dashboard on eBay with only 475 km on it.
When i connected that dashboard all signal lights were ok except one (still don't know what that one means, i will post photo of that light) and my speedometer is not working.(on old dashboard was working)
So my question is do i need to reset ecm or something for new electronic part and how to reset ecm on Xciting400, iv tried  different ecm reset options that i found on this forum but non of it works.
thanks in advance for any help

Forbes1964

• View Profile
Re: xciting 400i
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2018, 10:47:59 PM »
Not sure of the fix. But it’s the check engine light and the antilock braking system light. The same signal that operates the speedometer/odometer likely is the same that operates the abs since both need a wheel speed signal. Also, the missing signal may trigger the check engine light also. If you’re lucky, it may be something as simple as a blown fuse or a damaged or disconnected wheel speed sensor. The damage to the front area makes me suspect a damaged sensor, connector, or wiring.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
2009 Xciting 250

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2018, 11:16:16 PM »
I don't think that red brake light is the ABS light....all my ABS lights are yellow and say "ABS".
Parking brake light and or brake system lights are red. Yellow ABS light on scooter turns off after speed of 10mph or so.
Not sure how much help my reply is to your issue.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Forbes1964

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2018, 12:06:16 AM »
I don't think that red brake light is the ABS light....all my ABS lights are yellow and say "ABS".
Parking brake light and or brake system lights are red. Yellow ABS light on scooter turns off after speed of 10mph or so.
Not sure how much help my reply is to your issue.
Stig
My bad. I didn’t even pay attention to the color. You’re right. It’s the main brake or parking brake light. Not sure of the 400 has a parking brake or not.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
2009 Xciting 250

Iko2000

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2018, 06:21:02 PM »
Thanks guys for your response, basically i have two dashboards,one physical broken and other one which i bought on eBay,on old(original one) speedometer is working fine so that exclude speedometer sonde is faulty.
On photo that i posted check engine light is not relevant cause is working fine,problem is red(brake ??) light, and yes exciting 400 have
parking brake but i couldn't find any wire/jack/sensor either front or rear on bike,take in mind that bike was stripped down from shell, and yes i have experience in bikes since i own scooter rental for last 15 yrs.
Does anyone know how to reset ecm on xciting??
Thanks

pic nr1/ end result

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2018, 08:58:45 PM »
Disconnect battery for a few minutes.
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

Louder North

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2019, 06:25:02 PM »
Thanks guys for your response, basically i have two dashboards,one physical broken and other one which i bought on eBay,on old(original one) speedometer is working fine so that exclude speedometer sonde is faulty.
On photo that i posted check engine light is not relevant cause is working fine,problem is red(brake ??) light, and yes exciting 400 have
parking brake but i couldn't find any wire/jack/sensor either front or rear on bike,take in mind that bike was stripped down from shell, and yes i have experience in bikes since i own scooter rental for last 15 yrs.
Does anyone know how to reset ecm on xciting??
Thanks

pic nr1/ end result

Iko, did the scooter the new dash came from have a side-stand interlock (which may have had a warning light and create a no-start condition if triggered?).
2009 Kymco Frost (aka Yager 200i)
10,000 km
bought used in 2018
2007 Aprilia SR50 (Morini motor)
2013 Aprilia SR50 (Piaggio motor)
1986 BMW R80

Iko2000

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2019, 05:40:48 PM »
As far as i know new (Ebay) dasboard is from 2015 model and my bike is 2017.
I have cheked side-stand sensor/jack , that was first on my mind since thats a kill switch standard in Europe in last 2 decades.
In any case I took bought dashboard to specialized electronic shop and when we opened dashboards
Suprise!! dashboards are totally different its not even same manufacturer  :'(
The guy in E shop connected chip to reader and found bunch of parametars inside, but obviously he dont have analazyng software for kymco.
Regardless official kymco dealer, they are worthless, for instance then need 8-10 weeks for mirror or side plastic..
Is it possible somehow to find
anywhere Kymco analysts software??

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()