Author Topic: Agility 50 poor performance recommendation + installing a trunk  (Read 5716 times)

zukinjo

• View Profile
Re: Agility 50 poor performance recommendation + installing a trunk
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2014, 03:56:11 PM »
I just saw that you have a 2013 bike. I don't think they have the re-stricter wire. I forget. It's on the forum here somewhere... You can buy a coil/cdi for 20 bucks to hop it up a little...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Performance-6-pin-CDI-Racing-Box-Ignition-Coil-For-GY6-Moped-Scooter-50CC-150CC-/360654302083?pt=Motors_ATV_Parts_Accessories&hash=item53f8abeb83&vxp=mtr

Hi zombie,
I bought the CDI and the coil from the link you gave me and it arrived today. I don't have time yet to play with the coil, but I immediately changed the CDI. Unfortunately, the bike wont start with it. There is no way I connected it the wrong way...

Have you (or anyone) used this CDI? Is there something I'm missing?
With the thin restriction wire missing on the 2013 model, I really wanted to see if my scooter is CDI limited.

Thanks!

zukinjo

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2014, 02:30:28 AM »
Ok, so I changed the coil from the set (nice orange one) and no difference, although I'm much more satisfied with this one since the rubber on the original one was totally messy and cracked in a bunch of places. Maybe it starts up quicker, but that's just maybe...

I am trying to figure out if the CDI in the set is not working or is it simply not the CDI for Agility 50... Anyone has any thoughts or experience on that?

BTW, I changed the 6g rollers (which were kind of worn out a bit) and installed a 6.5 Dr.Pulley sliders. I must admit I expected a real difference in the positive way. Unfortunately, the scooter behaves the same, acceleration the same, top speed same/reduced by 1mph (39,40 mph now, 40,41 before). Basically no difference at all  :( How come many of you guys are reporting a big difference when putting the sliders?

PS Man, I had a tough time loosening the variator bolt...  :P

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2014, 08:44:25 PM »
I just posted in your other thread asking which cdi your bike has, and which one you got... I believe your bike has the two plug harness for the cdi, and the one you got has one plug. Is that correct?

I'm surprised at your finding w/ the rollers/sliders. Are you SURE they are in the correct way?  There should be a diagram in the package that shows the correct way to install them. It is more than easy to get them in upside down. I would double check to be sure.
You absolutely should have felt a difference. I have 7gr installed, and the bike rips compared to 6 gr rollers.

Also... Put some Blue Lok Tite on that variator nut. Chances are it will come loose if you don't.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

zukinjo

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2014, 05:01:03 PM »
Yes, I'm sure I've installed them correctly. I watched a couple of youtube videos to be sure, and followed the diagram in the package. I was a bit surprised to find out how it's easier to install them upside down so I double-checked. I will recheck it again and apply some LokTite as soon as I find someone with a big adjustable spanner or sth to try to change the clutch spring.
But like I said, the top speed slightly decreased, acceleration the same, everything the same, no improvement  ???
I have no idea what is wrong with my scooter, but the sliders did nothing...

Another thing, I noticed slightly worn patterns on the belt, but have no experience with it. Can anyone say is this still a good belt or not?

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2014, 09:50:25 PM »
The wear on the belt is normal.
I answered the bit about the CDI on the other thread. Do us all a huge favor... You can move the other thread to this one to keep the whole process in on place. It makes it easier for anyone following it.

bottom line is 40ish, is correct for the bike but you should have seen some difference from the sliders. I run 7 gram DR. Pulleys, and the rpm are higher than 6 gr rollers, thus making the bike quicker across the board.

Maybe DR. Pulley has changed something?? If you have access to a gram scale, and a moto tool you can grind oout .5 gram at a time from each roller to see if that helps, or do what most of us have done, and get another set at a lighter weight. I have several dozen sets of rollers, and only two running bikes.

This is sometimes the biggest part of tuning. Finding what combo really works for you, and your bike.
i don't mean to Jinx you but we have all come across bikes that don't respond well to anything you do.

Keep plugging away at it, and I'll keep trying to help where I can.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()