Author Topic: Super Duper 8 150  (Read 1010 times)

Gdaddy197

• View Profile
Super Duper 8 150
« on: May 02, 2014, 06:20:23 AM »
After owning a few Chinese scooters and now being a proud owner of a Kymco Super 8 150.......It's odd to me that in America we haven't really built or that more people are'nt buying these scooters. The more I ride mine........the more I think it's pure genius . Just my opinion......they make sense and they are flat out pure fun. Ride with pride my friends......

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Super Duper 8 150
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2014, 06:59:43 AM »
I moved to a one cop, no traffic light town in N.W. Florida about 8 years ago. There was not ONE single scooter within 50 miles of here. Literally!
I ride every day so the 2500 people in my county see me everyday. Now there are perhaps a hundred scooters around here, and more all the time. There is even a member of the forum here in town... Catman123. He saw me ride, got a Kymco, and found the forum.

I agree there should by all that is right be more scooters in the US. Maybe it's the way Big Oil has raised us here. Scooters are for failures, sissies, and Pizza delivery kids.
I carry a .45 under the seat in-case someone tries to jack my Pizza. I just got tired of crying every time I got fired for loosing those damn Pizzas.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2014, 07:03:00 AM by zombie »
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

DMblues01

• 2012 Kymco Super 8 150
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2014, 01:56:29 PM »
It's just the American mind-state.  In most countries, people use their bikes and scooters as everyday transport, and scooters are considered just a normal bike, just a little smaller.  In America, 99% of riders treat bikes as weekend, fair weather play-toys.  Most Americans also still get caught up in that bigger is better mentality. If it's not big and loud, then it just isn't manly enough. But, even most of the "Hardcore Bikers" leave their bikes garaged if it gets chilly, or a single drop of rain falls!

I use my Super8 150 every day, rain or shine/ hot or cold. It's been my ONLY vehicle since my car broke down after Christmas. And I'm never going back to a car again! I'm rockin' the scoot till the wheels fall off!!   8)
Roxana, IL

Yoda is my spiritual leader.
Vader is my anger management coach!

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2014, 05:00:42 PM »
Amen brother! I've been riding nothing but bikes for almost 14 years, and scooters only for the past 8. I still own a Jeep Cherokee, and a '79 hardtail but neither has had fuel in it for at least 8 years.
They are both kind of a rainy day project fund or a memento of times gone by.

I'll never put a car on the road again. It's just a lifestyle choice.

"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()