Author Topic: Exhaust for a Super 8 125cc  (Read 3417 times)

courior

• View Profile
Exhaust for a Super 8 125cc
« on: November 16, 2011, 07:27:46 PM »
Hi all,

I am pretty sure the 125 and the 150 share exhausts, so can anyone tell me a good aftermarket exhaust? im after the sound more than bhp as it helps cars hear me coming and sounds nice. I found plenty of generic GY6 exhausts, but was told to be careful as they may not fit.

So has anyone of you good people got a link to a site to an exhaust that will fit??

Many thanks in advance!

Courior

Wildbill

• View Profile
Re: Exhaust for a Super 8 125cc
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2011, 06:38:53 PM »
Your lucky day :), I just removed my Yoshimura TSC stainless exhaust to sell as im selling my supper 8 150 and i want to sell the exhaust separately.
Yoshimura is a world leader in racing exhaust for bikes and scooters. This Model was made to improve the top end and add torque. The sound is perfect not tooo loud but cars will know you are there for sure. I was very pleased with the sound and improved performance i got from it.
Cost was $348.00 delivered to me. I will sell it for $175 + shipping. If intrested send me a E-Mail and i will send pics and answer all questions.
Bill
Bill

agilebda

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2012, 02:27:06 AM »
The LeoVince 4-Road exhaust is a wonderful unit. I have had the Yoshimura exhaust in the past but I found it too loud. The 4-Road is very low in sound and looks great on the bike.
Didn't gain any performance, actually lost around 10 km/h. I am still trying to find some more high end somewhere. Other than that it's a good exhaust.

Kevin

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2012, 02:10:53 AM »
Your lucky day :), I just removed my Yoshimura TSC stainless exhaust to sell as im selling my supper 8 150 and i want to sell the exhaust separately.
Yoshimura is a world leader in racing exhaust for bikes and scooters. This Model was made to improve the top end and add torque. The sound is perfect not tooo loud but cars will know you are there for sure. I was very pleased with the sound and improved performance i got from it.
Cost was $348.00 delivered to me. I will sell it for $175 + shipping. If intrested send me a E-Mail and i will send pics and answer all questions.
Bill

Hey Wildbill, you sell that exhaust yet? where are you located? I'm in Phoenix, AZ...

Thanks!
--Kevin
'09 Kymco Super 8 150 Blue 'n Yellow - first two wheeled street machine, of many to come...  :D

misfit77

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2012, 02:51:21 PM »
Looks like he is in central FLorida.

I want an exhaust too, but is it true about a previous post?,.,,,, opened exhaust cause you to lose top end?

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2012, 10:58:33 PM »
MOST of the time you will need to up jet the carb. to get full effect from the pipe. You are breathing OUT much better so you may need to get more fuel in the mix to compensate.
NOT ALWAYS tho. Some scoots react better than others.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

misfit77

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2012, 01:28:22 AM »
I can verify that some mods on scooters work.
I had a Tank 150 with Uni air filter, custom exhaust, cdi box, dr pulleys and that sucker took off and would go 75mph (gps verified).
I cant remember what carb I had but I am sure it was a CVK or whatever our Kymcos have.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 04:57:05 AM by misfit77 »

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()