Author Topic: My Upgrades  (Read 5438 times)

ScooterBus

• View Profile
My Upgrades
« on: June 13, 2012, 10:15:47 PM »
I just got done installing the following: slipstreamer scoot 66 windshield, also have a taller scoot 50, H4 high-low beam HID headlight, 3 amp blade - car type fuse holder to replace the original one under the seat to handle my small air compressor i keep under the seat, Ride-On tire sealant-balancer, lower air deflectors to keep the highway wind from pushing my knees open, roll bag with air hawk back rest and air hawk rider seat cushion. Thanks

gregspeople250

• View Profile
Re: My Upgrades
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2012, 12:56:13 AM »
Cool!
Honda Elite 80 - SOLD
Yamaha Vino 125 - SOLD
Kymco People 250 - SOLD
Kymco Like 200i - SOLD
Vespa 250 GTS - SOLD
Piaggio BV350 - FUN! - SOLD
Buddy 170i - FUN! - SOLD
Honda Silverwing - SOLD
Yamaha TMAX - OUTSTANDING! - SOLD
Honda SH150 - SOLD
Yamaha SMAX - SOLD
Kymco AK550

ScooterBus

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2012, 08:51:46 AM »
Forgot One. Iridium spark plug.

Oldscoot

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2012, 01:38:44 PM »
I just got done installing the following: slipstreamer scoot 66 windshield, also have a taller scoot 50, H4 high-low beam HID headlight, 3 amp blade - car type fuse holder to replace the original one under the seat to handle my small air compressor i keep under the seat, Ride-On tire sealant-balancer, lower air deflectors to keep the highway wind from pushing my knees open, roll bag with air hawk back rest and air hawk rider seat cushion. Thanks

Great modifications.  Could you describe the the air hawk back rest? I've got a Bikers' Friend bag and I'm always in the market for more comfort on longer rides.   

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2012, 01:49:21 AM »
..GOD! i love that gt 300i....

..looks like a japanese hornet.....
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

ScooterBus

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2012, 01:55:09 AM »
I have a Dowcohttp://www.dowcopowersports.com/Portals/0/ProductImages/50126-00.jpg  Iron Rider Overnight bag that is strapped to the seat. It has a double Velcro front straps that I then folded a slightly filled AirHawk 2 medium cruiser seat cushion. I lean back slightly on this bag that has plastic reinforcement to keep its shape. I then use a AirHawk 2 large seat cushion for the drivers seat.

ScooterBus

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2012, 01:56:21 AM »
Another Pic.

Wiz

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2012, 05:59:03 AM »
Looking good! That windshield fits the bike well.
I commute on highways and want to get a windshield for my GT 300i. If you don't mind I would like to know more about your experience with the Slipstreamer windshields. Do they do a good job deflecting the wind at highway speeds? I notice it has a small gap at the bottom edge, does much air come through there? which one, the scoot 66 or the scoot 50, do you think works better?
Current Ride: Gold 2012 People GTI 300.

ScooterBus

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2012, 04:57:36 PM »
The scoot 66 is the short one and both are the same width. I first had the tall scoot 50 and it was great as keeping all the wind off your upper body. However it was as high as the top of helmet and I am 5'11. I am planning on using this in the winter and lowering it and attaching Laminar Lip wings to the lower edge to block the air on my hands. The tall scoot 50 did however picked up a little wind turbulence. I felt the wind some in handlebars-not dangerous just when gusty winds are a big truck flew by you felt it in the front end. I think when I lower it it should stop that. You do look through this windshield. The windshield on the first Pic is the scoot 66 and is lower than the 50. I look over the shield and I prefer that. You can raise it some to look through it if needed. This shield doesn't pick up much wind turbulence and feels great. Some air comes through the bottom section however you don't feel it on your body. I hope this helps. Both are fairly cheap around $100-$120 USD.

Wiz

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2012, 10:59:03 PM »
Thanks for the info I appreciate it. I found the scoot 66 on Amazon for $85 and free shipping. With the made to fit windshields being more expensive and having to be shipped from Europe, the scoot 66 is looking like a very good choice for me.

ScooterBus

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2012, 02:43:26 AM »
Sorry, I forgot that you will need to get (2) right hand threaded mirror adaptors that are 10mm not the 8 mm supplied. Slipstreamer can send then to you direct for around $9.00.

Wiz

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2012, 07:26:56 AM »
I went to Slipstreamers website and I downloaded the Instalation instructions. I understand why the mirror posts are 8mm, because a lot of scooters use that, but why right and left hand thread? I didn't think that many scooters had left hand thread mirrors.
I already ordered the Scoot 66. I could not find the 10mm mirror adapters on Slipstreamer's website so I will email them and ask how to order them.

Wiz

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2012, 03:45:29 PM »
Ordered the 10mm adapters and they should get here by the end of the week, about the same time as the windshield. They were $12.80 shipped. Thanks again ScooterBus for all the info. I'll post some pics when I get it installed.

de-dee

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2012, 05:53:26 AM »
very nice mods,  I installed a plug for a air pump, with 5 amp fuse and it blew, so I pluged into the battery charger plug- in I installed direct to the battery,. I now have 15 amp fuse for the air pump, good for anything I can plug in, . just passed 20,000 km. I have givi windsheild, for the winter, 15 gram sliders installing new belt befor next trip, HID headlights, E55 givi top box, E 360  side boxes, admore led lights , I have more tail lights than a truck,. I have a 2011 300i downtown,. one year old on the 26 june ,  79 years old and going to ride till 90 maybe more??

Scoota

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2012, 03:01:30 AM »
ScooterBus, any more info on the lower air deflectors?  How do they mount, are these a universal fit, or specific for the People scooter?  Any pics from the side or from your view while seated?

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()