Scooters - 50cc > Super 9

I have an 2005 Kymco Super 9 LC that is leaking oil into the cylinder

(1/1)

Marian grigorica:
Hello, I haven't started my Kymco Super 9 LC for 2 years and it had a lot of oil, I would want to know the cause and I want to change it to pre mix, what do I need to do to fix the problem and also to change to pre mix

OT613:
You just need to disconnect the cable going to your oil pump. This is the quick easy way. You can also disconnect the small hose from the pump to intake just after the carb and cap it if u can but this is not a necessity just popping the wire cable that moves when u turn the gas off this is the cable to the oil pump u know it's the oil pump by following the hose from the bottom of the oil tank where u put oil in the hose fron the bottom of the tank goes to the pump now u locate the cable that comes to it from the front that moves along with gas cable loosen and disconnect that cable and the pump will no longer work until u put it back so u can just leave it like that simple and ur done or u can then remove it all the pump the tank the hoses etc but if u leave it and decide you want to switch back it's that simple again re connect cable good to go then u also have oil backup in a emergency or u cab pop off the hose and drain it it will free up a bit of room in the compartment and remove a bit of weight to take it all off but not a lot really it's up to you I left mine on cuz it all works I just wanted to mix myself to eliminate that as my issue at the time and I like to mix but if I hook cable up it runs cable off it doesn't run anyway I apologize for my spelling and grammar I am not the best but if u have any questions let me know happy to help next time u let it sit drain it's fluids and do winterize safety take care Shawn

Marian grigorica:

--- Quote from: OT613 on December 10, 2023, 12:19:48 AM ---You just need to disconnect the cable going to your oil pump. This is the quick easy way. You can also disconnect the small hose from the pump to intake just after the carb and cap it if u can but this is not a necessity just popping the wire cable that moves when u turn the gas off this is the cable to the oil pump u know it's the oil pump by following the hose from the bottom of the oil tank where u put oil in the hose fron the bottom of the tank goes to the pump now u locate the cable that comes to it from the front that moves along with gas cable loosen and disconnect that cable and the pump will no longer work until u put it back so u can just leave it like that simple and ur done or u can then remove it all the pump the tank the hoses etc but if u leave it and decide you want to switch back it's that simple again re connect cable good to go then u also have oil backup in a emergency or u cab pop off the hose and drain it it will free up a bit of room in the compartment and remove a bit of weight to take it all off but not a lot really it's up to you I left mine on cuz it all works I just wanted to mix myself to eliminate that as my issue at the time and I like to mix but if I hook cable up it runs cable off it doesn't run anyway I apologize for my spelling and grammar I am not the best but if u have any questions let me know happy to help next time u let it sit drain it's fluids and do winterize safety take care Shawn

--- End quote ---
Well I want it removed because I have an oil leak and after I abandoned it for 2 years the cylinder was full of oil, I hope this helps also what premix should I use in European metrics pls

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version