Author Topic: Looking for handguards  (Read 1228 times)

gosku

• Start me up!
    • View Profile
Looking for handguards
« on: January 18, 2015, 05:41:46 PM »
Hi,

I was wondering if any of you guys use the handguards? I would like to buy a pair but I'm not sure which ones will fit my scooter as there isn't any easily accessible space on the handlebar itself. My guess is that they should be mounted to the ends of the handlebar, somehow like below but preferably sturdier. What do you think? Do you have any good ideas?

Kymco People S 50 2T 2008
Tecnigas Next-R Pipe
Malossi torsion controller 2512828
Malossi rollers 7g
Michelin City Grip front + Heidenau K66 rear

bluesin

• 2012 DT 300i
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for handguards
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2015, 07:41:36 PM »
"google"motorcycle handguards. Many will pop up.
"There is a Fifth Dimension beyond which is known to Man. It is a Dimension as vast as Space and as timeless as Infinity......It is an area which we call 'The Twilight Zone' .   "Rod Serling

gosku

• Start me up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2015, 08:16:21 AM »
"google"motorcycle handguards. Many will pop up.

You don't say?  ;D Yea I looked through quite many models but was just wondering if you guys use them and are willing to recommend some kind of specific mount, or brand  :)
Tecnigas Next-R Pipe
Malossi rollers 7g

bluesin

• 2012 DT 300i
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2015, 02:40:57 PM »
You don't say?  ;D Yea I looked through quite many models but was just wondering if you guys use them and are willing to recommend some kind of specific mount, or brand  :)

Gotcha!  Personally, I don't use them and don't know anyone that does (with the exception of some Motocross/DirtBikers ) .
"There is a Fifth Dimension beyond which is known to Man. It is a Dimension as vast as Space and as timeless as Infinity......It is an area which we call 'The Twilight Zone' .   "Rod Serling

gosku

• Start me up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2015, 07:52:03 AM »
I see. Here where I ride even in the summer temperatures in the early morning can drop to 40-50F. It's quite rainy too, the weather is unpredictable because of the mountains. I ride mostly longer distances, 40-100 miles usually, with no traffic. You get the idea. So, my thinking is that the handguards should help to protect my hands from rain & wind, making the ride itself better. That's why handguards can be often seen on touring bikes, I think  :)
Tecnigas Next-R Pipe
Malossi rollers 7g

gosku

• Start me up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2015, 04:09:05 PM »
If somebody will be interested in this topic in the future, I did some searching and I've got a solution - If you want to mount handguards on your Kymco People, go with the Uniko mounting type. It's simple and fits well.
Here's a pic of my bike:
Tecnigas Next-R Pipe
Malossi rollers 7g

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()