Author Topic: when I'm DIYing my scoot I spend 25% of my time......  (Read 405 times)

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
when I'm DIYing my scoot I spend 25% of my time......
« on: February 04, 2023, 10:53:56 PM »
...looking for the socket, nut, washer, gasket (whatever) that I just laid down 8 minutes ago!

So frustrating.

today: wife's TPW light came on. So I get out the tire gauge & check all the tires. Find the culprit. Turn the car around in the garage. Hook up the air pump. Air the tire. Now to double check.....
"Where's the tire gauge??!!"

I find it on the kitchen table 18 mins later.
I bring my daughter and wife into the kitchen. "Please, one of you tell me why I brought the tire gauge into the KITCHEN?!"

Later...I hear my daughter muttering...."seniors are so much fun!"
i was just airing a tire.....
Scary.
Stig
« Last Edit: February 04, 2023, 11:05:35 PM by Stig / Major Tom »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

NorWeWa

• View Profile
Re: when I'm DIYing my scoot I spend 25% of my time......
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2023, 01:58:43 AM »
Take a short length of gas line or any tubing that fits onto the spark plug and use it to start the spark plug into the head. If it cross threads the tubing will slip.

Art 
« Last Edit: February 05, 2023, 02:25:01 AM by NorWeWa »

airshot

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2023, 05:52:35 PM »
Yep, I hear ya, going thru this myself and yes it is getting worse !!  Same as walking into a room and asking myself what I am doing here.....I am getting to the point of making a tray of some sort to hold everything when I am working on something, or if a small job, make a point of putting things in my pocket!!  At least I know have a place to start looking !!

Neil955i

• Cheshire, UK. The older I get, the faster I was...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2023, 10:53:27 AM »
Yep, I hear ya, going thru this myself and yes it is getting worse !!  Same as walking into a room and asking myself what I am doing here.....I am getting to the point of making a tray of some sort to hold everything when I am working on something, or if a small job, make a point of putting things in my pocket!!  At least I know have a place to start looking !!

This was referred to by a much loved Radio DJ* over here as “operating in the hereafter” as in, you walk into a room and ask yourself”what was I here after?”

* our UK members will, I am sure, remember Sir Terry Wogan
Regards & ride safe,
Neil

Current garage:  Kymco DTX360 & Triumph Street Triple 675R
Past bikes: BSA C15. Honda S/wing (GL500). Kawasaki GPz750. BMW K100RS. Kawasaki GPZ900R. Yamaha FJ1200 x2. Sprint. Triumph Daytona 900. Kawasaki ZX-7R. T595 Daytona. Kawasaki ZX-9R x2. Triumph Daytona 955i. X-Town

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()