Author Topic: 700i  (Read 2722 times)

sissy mary

• View Profile
700i
« on: October 13, 2013, 06:27:24 PM »
I road down to Tucson 10/12/2013 & took a ride on the 700. It is bigger than my X500, but not huge compared to it. Very stable, handles well and does everything quite well. Quick, smooth & so on. I have 3 problems with it though! It has a cramped riding style. Handle bars are too close, as are the mirrors. When you put your feet out in front of you on the upper floor boards, it brings your feet back about 2 inches, so your knees are bent more than on the X500, so you can not stretch out wile on the highway. And with my post surgical back I can not handle the seat. It slopes a little forward, and after a few minutes I started to get shooting pains down to my feet. I need to set flat. I am 5'9 inches tall, with about a 30-32 inch inseam. Oh well, I didn't want to spend $9,600 anyway. ;) :-*

AMAC1680

• Outdoorsman, Advocate, Paraplegic
    • View Profile
    • SEGS4VETS
Re: 700i
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2013, 07:08:23 PM »
I road down to Tucson 10/12/2013 & took a ride on the 700. It is bigger than my X500, but not huge compared to it. Very stable, handles well and does everything quite well. Quick, smooth & so on. I have 3 problems with it though! It has a cramped riding style. Handle bars are too close, as are the mirrors. When you put your feet out in front of you on the upper floor boards, it brings your feet back about 2 inches, so your knees are bent more than on the X500, so you can not stretch out wile on the highway. And with my post surgical back I can not handle the seat. It slopes a little forward, and after a few minutes I started to get shooting pains down to my feet. I need to set flat. I am 5'9 inches tall, with about a 30-32 inch inseam. Oh well, I didn't want to spend $9,600 anyway. ;) :-*

I'm your size and came away with the same impression after my ride.
Why are these bike so big yet the rider is cramped ?

Be Big,
AMAC
www.SEGS4VETS.org
2017 Lance Cali Classic 200i
2013 SYM RV200
2013 Kymco Downtown 300
2010 Lance Cali Classic-sold
1973 VW Dune Buggy
1974 VW Meyers Manx

BigOrange

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2013, 12:45:15 AM »
I have ridden the bike too.  I am a little bigger 6"1" 260lbs 32 in inseam.  I did not feel cramped or as cramped as I do on the DT 300.    Riding position is the big spoiler on the Xciting 500.  It will adjust to your comfort easily.

I enjoyed the gauges, seating position, mirrors, protection and power delivery. 

It is a little cramped, my seat is a little more comfortable.  It is crazy fast and stable and huge storage under seat.  I thought it was great and competitive with the other maxi's.

I wish it made more noise.  It was too quiet for me and it is less polished than the bmw.  The bmw is 12 grand and stupid $$$$.

I wish I could ride more and drive less!
2009 Xciting 500i White!
2007 Xciting 250 Orange!

sissy mary

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2013, 12:47:36 PM »
I agree with everything. It is a great bike in all ways, and if I did not have an X500 to stretch out on I maybe would not think it was so cramped? If not I am sure you could replace the handle bars with ones about 2 inches shorter. And or adjust the mirrors back so you would not have to lean back to see whats in them? I can not live with the seat though. And at $9,600 I am not about to spend even more $ having the seat re-done. The honda silver wing is the same . The back rest sets you to far forward, the h- bars are to close, but the seat is level. Still I would not buy one because of these reasons. The big 650 burgman is the most comfortable bike I have ever sat on. But it is to heavy, hard to get off side stand etc. It feels more like I am on a heavy cruiser? The 700i is a better handling bike than the burger, feels much lighter and therefore is better in most areas. But the darned seat. :-*                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 

houndguy

• Fear the mangy mutt!
  • Your idiotism amuses me.
    • View Profile
    • Scooter Revolution!
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2013, 01:15:21 PM »
I am planning on riding one at the AIM expo in Orlando next weekend.  http://www.aimexpousa.com/AIME/AIMExpo.aspx.

I am 6 foot tall (1.8 m) and about 210 pounds (95.3 Kg) tall and everything I've read tells me that I might be cramped.  I am in line for a position where I would have to travel the length and width of Florida, and although my current 500 is more than capable of doing that...I am looking for something that might be able to handle the highway's a little better. 

Just another scooter blog - http://www.2smallerwheels.blogspot.com

BigOrange

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2013, 12:02:15 AM »
I enjoyed the myroad.  It is a great bike.  It is refined and agile.  It is deceptively fast for such a large bike. 

The spoiler is I am an owner of a 500 cc fuel injected 2009 Xciting. I am also a big guy and the Xciting if you can handle the heft is a very comfortable bike that has a very versatile seating arrangement for the rider and flexible foot positioning.

It makes us very spoiled.

The Myroad is a great bike. 
I wish I could ride more and drive less!
2009 Xciting 500i White!
2007 Xciting 250 Orange!

ScooterCommuter

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2013, 01:34:57 AM »
I was down at Scooterville for some minor work on my xc500 today and took the chance to sit on the 700 they had on the floor. That is one beast of a scooter. About 100lbs heavier than the 500 and you do really notice that, hauling it upright off the side stand. Just like lots of other folks have reported, it feels more cramped than the xciting, but the thing that struck me as strange was that it shouldn't. Feet forward on this thing my 34" inseam legs were at the SAME angle and position as on my bike, (yeah, so sue me, as a martial arts instructor I'm used to being VERY aware of body position, probably almost as much so as a dancer) so why did it feel tighter and less relaxed than mine?

I finally figured it out. It was the seat. The 700 seat has a radius into the integral butt-rest, unlike the one on the 500 where the discrete piece of the butt-rest makes an angle with the relatively flat base of the seat. That radius pushes your ass forward, tilting your hips and making it take more forward pressure from your legs to secure you and make you sit IN the bike rather than be perched ON it.

The seat pans look almost identical. Perhaps the problems with the fit of the 700 would be fixed by simply mounting a seat from a 500?

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()