Author Topic: Good price???  (Read 2444 times)

flavioguy

• View Profile
Good price???
« on: January 25, 2014, 01:46:52 AM »
I'm considering getting a Like 200i with 54 miles from the dealer (it's a demonstrator).  The out-the-door price will be $2,500.  It seems like a fair price - although those freight, etc. charges are such a pisser. 

Comments???

Thanks all!!

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Re: Good price???
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2014, 03:10:24 AM »
That's $800 better than my LX version OTD. (or OTR)......from a dealer in Ohio famous for never dealing One Red Cent.
I told the salesman to go ahead and start the paperwork while I go over and pick out my free helmet.
I walked away... and lo - he started the paper work and came back with a dealer gift card for $100. Added to the $100 gift card being offered by Kymco at the time - it was OK. Not the best bargain I've ever pulled off - but OK. (No other Kymco dealer around to involve in the haggling)(I always get at least two car dealers bidding for my $)

Maybe ask if that $2500 includes a helmet....or free first 600 mile service, or...?
My dealer charged $365 or something equally crazy for the first service. So, I did it myself = keeping receipts and a log.
Speaking with the head mech.tech. in the serv. dept. - he noted that it would take some 2.5 hrs of shop time to "get down through all the plastics to adjust the valves" on my scooter. Obviously he'd never serviced a LIKE - as an utter newbie - I finished the valve adjustment in 60 mins, or so. ....being very careful and very slow. You get "through the plastics" in about 18 mins the first time. (He must have been thinking of that Honda scooter which is famous for such poor serviceability.)

In short - it is a great running little urban scooter - plenty of guts for yanking my 250lbs up a steep hill at 40+mph (not quite at WOT)....and easy to service. 4500 miles here and looking forward to the snow melting. One thing: I still see it listed many places as "electric start and kick start"....even on a Kymco company site. With EFI, it is not..
Good luck.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

donandrews

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2014, 05:09:12 AM »
I've only purchased one Like 200i, so I can't speak from a lot of experience. However, I paid about $3300 for mine (zero miles) and the dealer threw in a windscreen and a 3/4 helmet of dubious quality, but good enough to get me home. First service at about 500 miles was also free. $2500 seems like a good deal for only 54 miles. Since is was a demo, look closely for signs of having been laid down. Probably cosmetic and no big deal, but one never knows...Give aways would be be scratches on the chrome handlebar weights or the outside edges of the mirrors.
Good luck with your purchase. She's a sweet scoot!
Peace and Ride Safe.
2012 Like 200i   
Lusting for People 300GTI, but recently purchased Vespa 250GTSie instead.
Brownsville OR 
Home of Willamette Country Music Festival and
movie "Stand By Me"

Normal is Relative

tclhb

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2014, 07:07:35 AM »
Check Craig's list and motorcycle trader. In Southern California there are two dealers that sell Likes for $1999. I don't know the OTD price. There was a dealer in Pasadena that had a Like with 35 miles that was listed at $1500.
Tom. Huntington Beach, California

TXLIKE

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2014, 02:12:27 PM »

I paid $1700 for the Like I found on craigslist. It's a 2012 with 142 miles. Felt it was a good deal even though it was out of warranty.
2012 Like 200i
Euless, TX

flavioguy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2014, 04:32:13 PM »
Thanks all for the replies.  I will be talking more with the dealer today.  I'd really like to find one here in my area to sit on before I schlepp 90+ miles.  Maybe I'll ask on the forum for a local Like 200i owner.

Flavio

isjoe

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2014, 05:08:24 PM »
I got mine brand new for about $2000 OTR. However, I'm in Malaysia and the Like we get is the 150cc carbureted version without the top case. So I don't know if that helps, but $2500 sounds like a pretty good deal to me.

tclhb

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2014, 05:11:20 PM »
Yeah, $2500 is definitely not bad. I paid almost $3000 OTD for a new one last March. I don't know if these kinds of great deals were around then like they are now.

kajungirl

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2014, 01:05:46 AM »
I paid 32 out the door and never received my 100.00 dollar gift card. :(

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2014, 11:43:53 PM »
I paid 32 out the door and never received my 100.00 dollar gift card. :(
Hello there young Lady...
If you purchased your Kymco during the promotion period you should have received your $100 gift card!
I think it was $50 for the smaller scooters, and $100 for ours.
Perhaps your dealer did not follow through on his end - I know my dealer had never heard of this promo until I pointed it out to them.
I rec'd my card in a few weeks directly from Kymco.
Please try contacting Kymco, giving them your purchase info, and see what happens.
getinfo@kymcousa.com
Ride safe .
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

flavioguy

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2014, 06:35:57 PM »
All.....Thanks again for you replies.  I thought I'd bring you all up-to-date on what I ended up doing.

I finally had a chance to sit on a Kymco Like 200i.  I liked everything about the bike on paper BUT found that ergonomically it was not a fit.  I ended up getting a 2013 Honda PCX 150 yesterday.  I rode it from Norwalk, CA back to Palm Springs yesterday....5 hours and 128 miles later I was home.  Who says you can't travel in LA off the freeway grid?!!  LOL

Again...thanks for your input!!

tclhb

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2014, 01:29:04 AM »
Fit is critical. Enjoy your new ride!

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2014, 10:36:52 PM »
All.....Thanks again for you replies.  I thought I'd bring you all up-to-date on what I ended up doing.

I finally had a chance to sit on a Kymco Like 200i.  I liked everything about the bike on paper BUT found that ergonomically it was not a fit.  I ended up getting a 2013 Honda PCX 150 yesterday.  I rode it from Norwalk, CA back to Palm Springs yesterday....5 hours and 128 miles later I was home.  Who says you can't travel in LA off the freeway grid?!!  LOL

Again...thanks for your input!!
Super!
Enjoy your new scooter & ride safe out there in the Land Of The Nuts & Flakes.
Never met  a Honda I didn't like!
Maybe a picture if you get a chance?
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

kajungirl

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2014, 04:01:51 AM »
Hello there young Lady...
If you purchased your Kymco during the promotion period you should have received your $100 gift card!
I think it was $50 for the smaller scooters, and $100 for ours.
Perhaps your dealer did not follow through on his end - I know my dealer had never heard of this promo until I pointed it out to them.
I rec'd my card in a few weeks directly from Kymco.
Please try contacting Kymco, giving them your purchase info, and see what happens.
getinfo@kymcousa.com
Ride safe .
Stig

Hey Stig I wanted to let you know I emailed them.
I will keep you apprised on the situation lol

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2014, 01:48:59 AM »

Here's hoping it works out. Take the card into your scooter shop and get something neat! or use it to pay for servicing.
Take care - good to hear from you....like they say around here : "pictures, or it didn't happen!" Shoot some for us!
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()